Honda city

pradski

hi,

I have a doubt. My Honda city has circular holes or openings in the back.

For which I have put oval speakers.

The question is the speaker fitter says that I should cut the sheet(metal sheet provided by company) in to oval shape. At present only the head magnet fits in to circular openings.

Has anyone done this. is it useful to do that.

If you have any views I will be happy to read about it

thank you

:)

I believe its a choice either you get it cut and get it fitted, the disadvantage would be if you decide to sell your car you would need to give the speakers or some oval replacement speakers to cover the holes.

The alternative is they can put a wooden plank in most cars at the back it would raise the height a little but he can mount the speakers in the plank.

hi,

The question is the speaker fitter says that I should cut the sheet(metal sheet provided by company) in to oval shape. At present only the head magnet fits in to circular openings.

thank you

:)

Please go ahead and do it. No problem at all. Dont put a wooden box in a sedan as it will obstruct rear view to an extent. Wooden boxes are for hatch backs.
All the chap will do is make the circular hole larger and in an oval shape to accomodate the speakers.
Regards

hi,

thank you
)

Only if you need flush fitting it's necessary to cut the metal, else, you can use oval shaped cut-outs available in car accessory shops which will lift the speaker and provide a firm support. These were used in Accents and they are available in Grey or Beige colours to match your interiors. FYI I have done the same.

Thank you audiodelic, dinayaar and arun.

Infact I have that lift which he had done. (when I first put couple of years back)

Now the other guy suggested it when I put pioneer 5050.

So I think I will do that.

I have JBL tweeters, company fitted front speakers(don't know which one)
and 4 way pioneer speakers.

If I plan for an amp and sub which do you think will go with this set up.

Thank you audiodelic, dinayaar and arun.

Infact I have that lift which he had done. (when I first put couple of years back)

Now the other guy suggested it when I put pioneer 5050.

So I think I will do that.

I have JBL tweeters, company fitted front speakers(don't know which one)
and 4 way pioneer speakers.

If I plan for an amp and sub which do you think will go with this set up.

Both Sony and Rockford Fosgate are quite popular and value for money. Depending on your reqirements like choice of music, out-put, budget etc. take a call. Wish you good luck.

Both Sony and Rockford Fosgate are quite popular and value for money. Depending on your reqirements like choice of music, out-put, budget etc. take a call. Wish you good luck.

With my experience in car audio stay away from sony like plague.
Fosgate had a great repo back in the day but i hear its the quality has gone down in terms of the price you pay for it. Still in a higher league than sony. Go for JBL or Fosgate.

In fact list down everything available and then we can vote on it.

IMO your whole set up is a mis-match. pl get all your spk atleast from the same family, before you go for a woofer.
Cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back