Honda Jazz Speaker Upgrade

cheens

Folks,

I have bought a new Honda Jazz, but Im not happy with the stock music system. Im planning to upgrade only the speakers with a 4 Ch Amp + Component Speakers (F) + Coaxial Speakers (R). Im not planning a sub woofer for now. My question is, is this upgrade possible? Does the Stock HU have RCA outs or should I feed the current speaker output to the Amp? Whats the solution?

have replaced my honda city speakers with pioneer. The HU does not have any rca out. you cannot add a sub also. You will have to change the HU if you want to add and amp+sub

if original hu needs to be used you can use a line converter .
Except for loudness it doesn't bring fidelity. Hu change is inevitable if clarity is also a consideration. But sometimes we don't have no way, as the stocks does more than just a head unit.

Folks,

I have bought a new Honda Jazz, but Im not happy with the stock music system. Im planning to upgrade only the speakers with a 4 Ch Amp + Component Speakers (F) + Coaxial Speakers (R). Im not planning a sub woofer for now. My question is, is this upgrade possible? Does the Stock HU have RCA outs or should I feed the current speaker output to the Amp? Whats the solution?
The polk db 6501 / 651 is excellent to be used without a sub as they can go really deep. There are better speakers for clarity if you are aiming clarity at the same price. None goes deep. They claim 35hz if I am not wrong. We tried the same car, same damping, same 6.5 adapter for a JBL and the Polk. The JBL though was punchy the low end was not audible. I know the 35 ha can be unrealistic depending on installation, but at least the speakers are producing something low than other speakers in its range. But, without an amp, the damn thing distorts easily. Also, without damping its not a good effort.

Even i am in same situation, i want to replace the HU as well with one having car play as well, any suggestions?

M
Even i am in same situation, i want to replace the HU as well with one having car play as well, any suggestions?
If you want to do justice to the good equipment a good installer is the key. Otherwise it will be a disappointment at the end.

A decent system which can be vastly improved from stock can be built including installation in an around 35k

I got a quatation of 45k from honda dealer for one without car play and 75k for digi pad 2.0. Jvc with car play is around 28

Way pricey

M
If you want to do justice to the good equipment a good installer is the key. Otherwise it will be a disappointment at the end.

A decent system which can be vastly improved from stock can be built including installation in an around 35k

Buy the head unit from a store as most on Amazon are out of warranty. And many cheap units have problem with calls, and other software problems. At a shop u can test and ask them for replacement immediately. Amps and speakers are relatively a stable item.

The polk db 6501 / 651 is excellent to be used without a sub as they can go really deep. There are better speakers for clarity if you are aiming clarity at the same price. None goes deep. They claim 35hz if I am not wrong. We tried the same car, same damping, same 6.5 adapter for a JBL and the Polk. The JBL though was punchy the low end was not audible. I know the 35 ha can be unrealistic depending on installation, but at least the speakers are producing something low than other speakers in its range. But, without an amp, the damn thing distorts easily. Also, without damping its not a good effort.
My current Honda City has Polk db speakers with Pioneer HU and Hertz Amp. I have been using it happily for the last 8 years now. Im skeptical about about Line Output Converter as well as a Line Input Amp. Have anyone tried those? May be I will first try the Polk Audio speakers with the stock system and see.

My current Honda City has Polk db speakers with Pioneer HU and Hertz Amp. I have been using it happily for the last 8 years now. Im skeptical about about Line Output Converter as well as a Line Input Amp. Have anyone tried those? May be I will first try the Polk Audio speakers with the stock system and see.
The Polk was on the stock for a month before the hu came from us. 6501 and 651 seems similar in sensitivity reality was 651 was decent on stock., but 6501 was struggling.This is on my brothers car. On changing hu and amping 6501 became very good and there is slight distortion from voice coil at loudness levels at which you cannot sit inside the car for long. Amp is focal auditor.

In home amps a headphone jack is made by adding just resistors to the speaker terminal. Hardly some amps have a real headlamp section. So I am thinking if we add bunch of resistors in a similar way, theoretically it should become "line level".;)

The Polk was on the stock for a month before the hu came from us. 6501 and 651 seems similar in sensitivity reality was 651 was decent on stock., but 6501 was struggling.This is on my brothers car. On changing hu and amping 6501 became very good and there is slight distortion from voice coil at loudness levels at which you cannot sit inside the car for long. Amp is focal auditor.

In home amps a headphone jack is made by adding just resistors to the speaker terminal. Hardly some amps have a real headlamp section. So I am thinking if we add bunch of resistors in a similar way, theoretically it should become "line level".;)
So, whats the recommendation? LOC or Line Level input Amplifier? I see PAC 4 Ch LOC (LP-54) is available for 2.9k and can be delivered in 3-4 days. Should I go with that and Amp/Speakers combo?

Im happy with my current combination Hertz Amp with Polk Audio DB 6501/651 combo.

So, whats the recommendation? LOC or Line Level input Amplifier? I see PAC 4 Ch LOC (LP-54) is available for 2.9k and can be delivered in 3-4 days. Should I go with that and Amp/Speakers combo?

Im happy with my current combination Hertz Amp with Polk Audio DB 6501/651 combo.
I think you already have what is decent. Since you already have a pioneer hu. Why do you need a line convert or. It's meant for stocks without rca. I would not touch that system you have unless my upgrade path is to something double the cost of what you have.

I think you already have what is decent. Since you already have a pioneer hu. Why do you need a line convert or. It's meant for stocks without rca. I would not touch that system you have unless my upgrade path is to something double the cost of what you have.
Sorry. What I have now is on my Honda City. I need a new setup for Honda Jazz that I bought recently.

Using the factory hu is not a good idea to do justice to the rest of the chain in any case. Inside a car, more the eq adjustments are available the better you can "tune". Unlike home it's hard to get proper sound without eq in a car. A factory unit lacks this feature simply. If you look at a Kenwood /JVC / pioneer hu under 10k you can see that some of them has 13 bands and also time alignment and some crossover options for future proofing. All this will be absent on a factory head unit.

I use a LOC on my car oem HU . It works but mine is a pricey one . I use a brian LOC . A JBL loc should also work well enough . Most amps also have line level inputs , but I would avoid the line level input on the amp and go in for a seperate LOC . If one wants to go with after market HU , the cheaper ones in the range of 10-25k are not that good enough to replace the OEM hu with multimedia features and navi features . The JVC ones are my choice as 2 bluetooth devices can be connected and they do sport decent chips .

Coming to the fidelity part , the OEM HU are quite good enough and if they need to be tweaked then an equaliser or a DSP can be used in conjunction . Most OEM HU are these days canbus connected , meaning that the HU is integrated into the car electronics . Features like auto dimming the HU display when the head lights are switched on will be missed and sometimes the BCM module in the car may throw an error as well

I use a LOC on my car oem HU . It works but mine is a pricey one . I use a brian LOC . A JBL loc should also work well enough . Most amps also have line level inputs , but I would avoid the line level input on the amp and go in for a seperate LOC . If one wants to go with after market HU , the cheaper ones in the range of 10-25k are not that good enough to replace the OEM hu with multimedia features and navi features . The JVC ones are my choice as 2 bluetooth devices can be connected and they do sport decent chips .

Coming to the fidelity part , the OEM HU are quite good enough and if they need to be tweaked then an equaliser or a DSP can be used in conjunction . Most OEM HU are these days canbus connected , meaning that the HU is integrated into the car electronics . Features like auto dimming the HU display when the head lights are switched on will be missed and sometimes the BCM module in the car may throw an error as well
After market is always complicated. But whatever convert you use if your deck has a cheap DAC built in, it won't provide any fidelity. I am familiar with Hyundai, vw and Ford's stocks and if the car is under 10 lakh, after market hu under 10k from Kenwood or JVC would work better. That being said, the features missing is indeed a huge miss in most cases. Also they look cheap. But if you are behind clarity and tuning on a budget, hu replacement is inevitable.

Thanks a lot for your input guys. Im going to do a three step upgrade as Im broke now. Im going to replace the speakers first with Pol DB 6501/651 combo. Second step is to deploy a LOC+AMP and finally if Im not happy with the sound, will replace the HU. I spoke to Honda dealership about this and they say the warranty won't be affected as long as the existing wires are not 'CUT'. I should be able to go ahead and do these upgrades.

You should be happy with that. At current prices it's a hard to beat speaker if no sub is a must. When there is a sub, there are lot of great options for fidelity but with less extension on bass.

Thanks a lot for your input guys. Im going to do a three step upgrade as Im broke now. Im going to replace the speakers first with Pol DB 6501/651 combo. Second step is to deploy a LOC+AMP and finally if Im not happy with the sound, will replace the HU. I spoke to Honda dealership about this and they say the warranty won't be affected as long as the existing wires are not 'CUT'. I should be able to go ahead and do these upgrades.

Would suggest Hertz or DLS .. Polk is way too bright even with a silk dome tweeter . DLS and Hertz have paper cones and Polk has plastic cones . The SQ is definitely better with paper cones . For Hertz you can check out Maruti dealerships as they sell Hertz and are cheaper than the retail shops . The Energy series are good from Hertz . Please do not go for deici or lower versions . they have a plastic dome tweeter .

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back