Hot Discussion - Is Tidal HiFi+ a Joke? `HiFi Plus - $23.99 AUD` What?

I would prefer buying a few albums each month in stead of paying that money to a third party. 10-20-30 albums each month would mean a library of 200-300 albums over a decade. Bonus - at the end of the decade you would still have the library with you, you will own your copy of the albums, forever. Over a period of time it will become memories.

All Streaming Services including Spotify are functioning at a Financial Loss as far as I checked Last. Only Apple Music is in a better financial health owing to the strengths of Apple Ecosystem. Investment in streaming platforms is currently propelling the lower subscription rates, which is not financially viable in the long run.

With increasing competition and Artists /Labels Remuneration woos this business model won't be financially viable ; unless they charge it to at least Netflix levels. We may soon see exclusive Tidal only Albums or Spotify only Albums (Something like Netflix Originals) to keep subscribers hooked on to their platform. This will be a direct competition with other recording labels, who's content is primordial for survival of streaming platforms.

So I am seeing large mergers to happen, so we'll be left with a handful of players who can dictate their pricing model.

I would prefer buying a few albums each month in stead of paying that money to a third party. 10-20-30 albums each month would mean a library of 200-300 albums over a decade. Bonus - at the end of the decade you would still have the library with you, you will own your copy of the albums, forever. Over a period of time it will become memories.
That's exactly what I am doing since many years more so since last couple of years. Most of my collection has been shipped from Amazon India, eBay and Flipkart before they stopped selling CDs.
You can order multiple CDs from eBay but shipping and customs are high.

This also depends on how you like to enjoy music. I usually go though my CDs or music folders to pick what I want to listen and play that on CD player or audio trasnport. I will be lost on Tidal.

Most of my collection has been shipped from Amazon India, eBay and Flipkart before they stopped selling CDs.
All the sources have now considerably dried out. I feel fortunate to have bought my CD collection (over 500) couple of years ago when they were in full flow. I had the worry playing at the back of my mind that the stocks won’t last long - that intuition proved useful. Other sources I found cost effective and good in their collection were Infibeam (international) and Induna (Indian). The former seems to have wound up the business and the latter is running dry on stocks now, like the others.

I hope this is a temporary phase. Though I doubt it’d make business sense to print and distribute CDs any longer. What I expect and eagerly look forward to is FLAC and Hi-Res download options like Qobuz store to come to the Indian market. The pricing is comparable to CDs and it’s much more convenient to store, organise and access FLACs in a hard drive. It’s the equivalent of purchasing e-books instead of physical books (CDs) and should catch on if the SQ is maintained. Streaming is on the other hand is equivalent of online libraries like Kindle Unlimited - you can read (listen), but not own.

I hope this is a temporary phase. Though I doubt it’d make business sense to print and distribute CDs any longer. What I expect and eagerly look forward to is FLAC and Hi-Res download options like Qobuz store to come to the Indian market. The pricing is comparable to CDs and it’s much more convenient to store, organise and access FLACs in a hard drive. It’s the equivalent of purchasing e-books instead of physical books (CDs) and should catch on if the SQ is maintained. Streaming is on the other hand is equivalent of online libraries like Kindle Unlimited - you can read (listen), but not own.
I'm also waiting for that for the Indian market. But as I prefer cd payback over the stored music I will burn the downloaded music on CDs and will play on CD player. :)
Though I agree that l playing on server/transport is much easier especially if that server is headless.

A lot of consolidation is bound to happen in the Music streaming industry once Spotify launches its Hi-Res service. Amongst all the players, only they have a deep pocket to bleed for the next few years.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back