Hotstar via chrome cast vs fire tv stick 4k

Have the same TV as you but hotstar was already installed in my TV and works like a charm. you may need to go to apps store in your TV and install it from there.
On the date of the post hotstar was not available. Hotstar wqs launched On March 22,2019 for WebOS.

Poor quality of live streaming of sports. Picture is not true full hd and more importantly frame rate is not smooth enough and not at par with dth. Even illegal streams have better pik quality than hotstar.
Yes I totally agree with you. Sports (Cricket) live streaming is worst on Hotstar with frequent buffering and frame drops even though I have a Premium subscription and downloaded it from playstore on my MI box.

There are some Y splitter cable available with OTG and Charging function in Amazon. You can connect small pen drives. But not sure about hard disk. And it's not worth the hassle. The cables are cheap and flimsy too.
I have one too but pen drive is not recognised! What did I miss!!

Hello friends,
Recently I bought Lg OLED c8 65 inch tv,which does not have inbuilt Hotstar app.I am a fan of Game of throwns.
Please suggest a better way to watch Hotstar.Google chromecast 3 or amazon fire tv stick 4k.
Try with browser in LG Tv whether hot star works.... (browsing : http://www.hotstar.com)
My samsung Tv earlier does not have Hotstar App , i used to watch with in built browser.

Now they have released hotstar App in samsung Tv. Both had same quality i did not feel much diff.
May be sound is little bit improved with hotstar app.

You may also check with LG about any release of hotstar App in the near future.

I'm not renewing my annual hotstar premium subscription on my firestick 4k which expires next week.

The video quality is not upto standard. They are compressing too much.

I'll reconsider if they introduce 4k streams. It's nearly 2020. About time they did.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back