How about changing the artist if we dont like the sound signature of our setup?

cmsajith

How about changing the artist if we dont like the sound signature of our setup instead of spending a lot in cables and other accessories..:)

How about changing the artist if we dont like the sound signature of our setup instead of spending a lot in cables and other accessories..:)

it works.

Kailash Kher's recordings are much better than Himesh Reshamiya?Reshamiya has to much emphasis on highs and lows with poor mids. so like my system with Kailash kher but i don't like it with himesh although i like the music given by him(sometimes)

How about changing the stimulas?
Like from water to whiskey? (water of life?)
You will start hearing unheard thins post some pegs!!!

it works.

Kailash Kher's recordings are much better than Himesh Reshamiya?Reshamiya has to much emphasis on highs and lows with poor mids. so like my system with Kailash kher but i don't like it with himesh although i like the music given by him(sometimes)

I second your sentiments.
And i think for songs that has his vocals (does he have any vocal chord - he normally sings from his nose ( personal opnion !)): normally - if software/hardware permits, i would have cut/purge/remove/-300db(if possible) his voice part from his music
- again its my personal opnion. No offence to his fans.
sbg

Last edited:
By that standard I guess "country liquor" can improve bad recordings also :lol:

THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AND TYPE OF MUSIC

Bravo! A reasearch on this too!!!!

In very limited set of concerts I attended I remember roger waters one where in hurried pace I consumed a half ( Double quart = 6 pegs!) smrinoff ( that to on road and in local train by diluting it in a litre bottle of lemon drink!,as I had no time to visit bar)

The expereince was mind boggling ,but in this "unscintific" experiment I cannot decide effect of Music vs effect of alcohol!

No!
Your music comes first.
Make changes in your setup till your music sounds good.
Regards,
Kamal
BTW, Alcohol comes in the category of audio enhancers-it won't transform screeches into nightingale like mellifluousness !

actually, when anyone talks about such chemical enhancements of/for the musical experience it is but 'natural' to ask , will a reefer reinforce the reggae as much as the acid in YOUR system would allow you to enjoy the Grateful Dead in your music system???
as my jazz guitarist friend is wont to say..the aesthetics of music and the physics of acoustics shares the same antiquity as the useful chemistry of potent brews, distillates and precipitates... all of course which contributes so much to the creation, reproduction and the celebration of the musical experience that we cherish...

Last edited:
However, my 2 cents in this aspect is that when a system that does full justice to western classical is asked to play all genres, it is able to do so fairly well within reasonable limits to even excelling in the various genres.
Regards

My observation is exactly the same ! A system needs to be stark neutral, full bandwidth with extended dynamics to do justice to western classical.

My observation is exactly the same ! A system needs to be stark neutral, full bandwidth with extended dynamics to do justice to western classical.

Exactly, this is the point which I was looking for.

So to get a neutral sounding system, do we need to spend a fortune? Also is it required to spend a lot on accessories like cables, interconnects (after a decent level) to achieve this?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back