HOW ANTI-AUDIOPHILE CAN THIS BE ?

While the newer BT codecs (AptX HD, high bit rate AAC) will come very close to streaming for all practical purposes, you should be aware of the big elephant in the room - the range
Apt X HD will fall back to lower bit rates once you move anything more than a few feet away.

OTOH, streaming has no such issues.
Add in the minimal (if any) price difference between high grade BT receivers and the non premium streamers, I would always opt for the latter.

The only problem is that availability of options in the latter category are limited so it may require some deal hunting on your part, or going the DIY way

I'm going to dare to post this here and hopeful to get a fair bit of balanced opinions on the matter.

>BLUETOOTH RECEIVERS<

Anyone here using Bluetooth receivers as their primary source for music playback ?
I'm genuinely curious as to how far behind is the latest BT tech when we compare it with streaming over wifi or a wired connection.

Is anyone using the latest receivers like the AURIS BLUME, AUDIOENGINE B1, iFi Zen Blue, etc...?

Looking forward to reading some helpful feedback.

Thanks in advance.
I have owned a B-1 for at least 4 years. Impressive value and performance at this bargain price point. Reviews indicate its DAC is superior to what is in others in its category. I no longer have to listen through a Bluetooth speaker. It has enabled me to use my classic audio equipment Luxman R-117 in c/w my array of pretty darn good older speakers (Klipsch Chorus2, Yam NS-890, ADS L780/2, B&W 685 and others) with ease and all the impressive power and quality sound they produce. My next upgrade to a dedicated streamer and External DAC will cost about $1500, so i am in no hurry and do not know or feel I am presently missing anything.

For me, it depends on the material. The kind of recording quality HMV has for music(both Bengali and Hindi) till the 80s, doesn't differ much no matter what the source is and if the music is played locally/bluetooth/HEOS etc. Maybe a little difference in volume is there.
But, if the music is well recorded, yes bluetooth is more of convenience and portability over quality. Surely not for audiophile level of listening.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back