How does multi room streaming work?

Donivlapog

If Marantz NR 1711 AVR is bought, can it cater to my hall and room? And if so how many channels can it stream? Is there a splitter than can be used to have the room output 5.1 and hall 7.2?

As far as I remember, AVRs can only send two channels to a second room. This is mostly meant for music.
  1. In the simplest option, you can take speaker wires from the AVRs and connect speakers in another room. You can call is Zone 2 and switch to that when you want.
  2. You can use Marantz's HEOS system for wireless streaming. For that you would need a HEOS system on the other end.
You can have splitters for directing audio and video to multiple locations. You cannot have different configurations through the splitter. For example, an HDMI splitter will send all 7.1 channel audio and the video to two or more zones.

Using an AVR's multi zone system does not make much sense today with easy streaming options and BT speakers available in abundance.

Cheers

Hi

Since a thread is already there so adding my queries to this one .

I am also interested in having multi room streaming system at my upcoming home. So far I have understood that I need a multi channel amplifier with multiple zones depnding on the need (6 or 8 zones) and the source is streaming via AirPlay or Spotify Connect etc.

I know two products one is from Control 4 and another is Juke Audio, shown below.

1658984872613.png
The specs of a multi channel amplifier are like 6 zones and 12 Channels or 8 zones 16 Channels.As shown in the above amplifier, there are 8 zones and 2 channels per zone.

My query
What if, I have a big room and I want more than 2 speakers in a zone? Do I need to create multiple zones in the same room? I am bit puzzeled on looking at the user manual. Can some one please explain the below how to add more than 2 speakers per zone as per below image?

1658985235520.png

My understanding is that, extra pair of speakers can be added from the left and right speaker itself as shown in the right hand side image and as the note says this can be done in 2 zones only. Is there any other kind of amplifier as well that supports more than 2 speakers per zone?

Hopeing to get some more knowledge on this from you guys.

Thanks.
Vivek

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back