how good or how bad is the combination

On reading the various threads on ONkayo, I had decided to buy one of the 5105 HTIB, and had gone to the Onkyo showroom in BLR, last evening, and he quoted 25k for the same package(Onkyo 304E + Onkyo SKW204 + Pure acoustics Dream nano), and 25k for Onkyo HTIB - 5105, also he mentioned that the offer was there only for couple days, that is till today.
Now I am really confused which one to buy, to go in for the package that he is offering or the 5105, since both are of the same cost.
Thanks in advance.
VS

At 25K the Onkyo 5105 is a very good deal. Not sure about the Pure Acoustics package though. As long as you're getting a factory sealed piece of the Onkyo 5105 (i.e. not a used or a demo piece) then you can go for it at 25K. Very good deal in fact.

Based on your inputs and some more reading on this website, I had visited the Onkyo store @ BLR once I again. And instead of the 5105HTIB, I settled for a package - Onkyo TX SR506B(7.1) + Pure Acoustics Dream Nano speakers and Onkyo SKW 204S, with 30 mts of some (oxygen)wiring all for 32k.

I auditioned both, and this one blew me off, and more over that guy told me that the deal of 25k on the 5105 was only for 2 days, yesterday and day before, and today it was back to 30k, so for 2k more I thought this was a better deal.

Break up
AVR SR506B - Rs.19125
Dream Power Front and Surround Speakers - Rs.7875 for 4 Nos
Dream Power Center Speaker - Rs.2250
Sub - SKW 204S - Rs.6750

Thanks a lot of your inputs Moser and the rest of the team.
VS

At 25K the Onkyo 5105 is a very good deal. Not sure about the Pure Acoustics package though. As long as you're getting a factory sealed piece of the Onkyo 5105 (i.e. not a used or a demo piece) then you can go for it at 25K. Very good deal in fact.

Based on your inputs and some more reading on this website, I had visited the Onkyo store @ BLR once I again. And instead of the 5105HTIB, I settled for a package - Onkyo TX SR506B(7.1) + Pure Acoustics Dream Nano speakers and Onkyo SKW 204S, with 30 mts of some (oxygen)wiring all for 32k.

I auditioned both, and this one blew me off, and more over that guy told me that the deal of 25k on the 5105 was only for 2 days, yesterday and day before, and today it was back to 30k, so for 2k more I thought this was a better deal.

Break up
AVR SR506B - Rs.19125
Sub - SKW 204S - Rs.6750

VS

Congrats vs_blr!:yahoo:
So have you installed it? Hows it?
I too have an Onkyo sr506( argent/silver though!) and I am still hunting for speakers for it.

Congrats...

Break up
AVR SR506B - Rs.19125
Sub - SKW 204S - Rs.6750

VS

Break up
AVR SR506B - Rs.19125
Sub - SKW 204S - Rs.6750

Hi

The Breakup you gave comes to 36K
but you have sail all for 32K

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back