How is Boston Acoustics A26

Rajkumars

I want to buy 2 bookshelve speakers only for music ......I would like to know whether Boston Acoustics A26 are boomy/muddy are not ..... as I don't want boomy bass ....

If its boomy .... Please suggest me some other model....Thanks

Hi buy them eyes closed, I am a very satisfied user. Bass is very tight and not at all muddy. They are extremely well rounded refined and smooth sounding speakers. Have a full bodied sound like a floor stander. I got them in group buy and just couldn't believe that they sounded so good for the money - 14k then. They are worth 20k i think. They can easily match the wharfs latest diamond series or any other reputed entry level speakers.

Having said that its always better to hear first and then buy. Probably u should list ur other equipment so that others can suggest better.

Hi buy them eyes closed, I am a very satisfied user. Bass is very tight and not at all muddy. They are extremely well rounded refined and smooth sounding speakers. Have a full bodied sound like a floor stander. I got them in group buy and just couldn't believe that they sounded so good for the money - 14k then. They are worth 20k i think. They can easily match the wharfs latest diamond series or any other reputed entry level speakers.

Having said that its always better to hear first and then buy. Probably u should list ur other equipment so that others can suggest better.
Thanks for the reply....

How is the bass of BA A26 ....do they thump.... I am looking for thumping bass for music .....

Diamond 220 don't have the bass I was looking for....

Hi I am not a bass head, usually lower my bass control and listen. I think it will do thumping bass but cant u audition before buying. It has 6.5 inch woofer it helps I think

These are only things remaining, so here's bumping this up.

Boston Acoustics A26 Speakers
1 1/2 years old, well maintained, even the lamination is not off yet.
No box or bill
Bought for 20,000 from HiFi Mart (I think). Now available for 23,000 plus for new, after great reviews everywhere. Here's the latest listing.
Boston Acoustics A 26 Two-Way Bookshelf Speaker with 6.5-Inch Woofer (Each, Gloss Black): Amazon.in: Electronics
Boston Acoustics A 26 TWO WAY Bookshelf Speaker With 6 5 Inch Woofer Each | eBay

Expecting 13000/-, pick up from Dwarka Delhi. Excellent condition, won't find a better used pair.

Please don't contact me with low ball offers. I'm selling because I've bought a different set of speakers, and will keep it doesn't go at the price.
Please check out my Speakers on sale. We could discuss the price if you have them picked up.

I am using A26 for the past year with Norge 2060. Great performance overall. It is a bit bulky in size as it houses a big 6.5 inch driver. That is also a reason for good bass (but not muddy). Port is rear firing so keep it a few inches from the wall. Overall good purchase.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back