How is Yamaha NS-SW300 Subwoofer?

Xtz is a good choice compared to svs.It has more power, port tuning and 3 equaliser settings. The edge variants even have a parametric equaliser. Dont go by brand name alone. If you have heard both and feel its better then fine. But saying adding 15k and you are in the sb 2000 range? Xtz is way more powerful then the svs pb,sb 1000 and 2000 and offers more features for less price. You can even use xtz it as a sealed sub.

Is the cost of XTZ justified compared to a yamaha Sw300 subwoofer which is selling for 28K? Any dealers in Chennai where I can demo it along side any other sub? Or do they give demo at home?

Is the cost of XTZ justified compared to a yamaha Sw300 subwoofer which is selling for 28K? Any dealers in Chennai where I can demo it along side any other sub? Or do they give demo at home?
What are you comparing? Please check specs. Sw300 and xtz can never be compared. If you want to demo the xtz you can visit Max home theater Alandur and surround swar

What are you comparing? Please check specs. Sw300 and xtz can never be compared. If you want to demo the xtz you can visit Max home theater Alandur and surround swar

Of course they cannot be compared..they are at a completely different price levels..What I mean to ask you was the price to performance ratio..

I haven’t heard sw300 . Xtz 10.17 is am awesome subwoofer and since ur in Chennai have a demo

Iirc, once you were claiming sw300 can do 20hz and also you once compared sw300 with svs pb1000 w.r.t woofer size and price. Wish you could throw more light on price to performance ratio.

Iirc, once you were claiming sw300 can do 20hz and also you once compared sw300 with svs pb1000 w.r.t woofer size and price.
Lol can you please show me the thread where I have ever mentioned that? I compared svs and xtz and not the Yamaha sw300

Lol can you please show me the thread where I have ever mentioned that? I compared svs and xtz and not the Yamaha sw300
And no body is asking anybody to go to us. Yamaha sw300 is 500usd nd svs pb100 is 500usd nd bic is 300usd. That is the actual cost of the of the sub. My point is ur pointless wen u stated that at this price point and 10 inch can’t go low as 20hz when Yamaha sw300 is actually in svs pb1000 bracket nd costs more then the bic

Here you go

Here you go
This is purely based on paper specs vs the cost. You seemed to be again not understanding the point I am trying to make. That conversation was never about the sw300 doing 20hz but to your claim that the bic pl 200-II cost wise is more then sw300 and it has a frequency response rating to 20hz. Jesus again I am explaining the same thing after months

Last edited:
This is purely based on paper specs vs the cost. You seemed to be again not understanding the point I am trying to make.
So, Yamaha and xtz can both do 20hz going by spec. So, why choose xtz over Yamaha? You were claiming sw300 is vfm for doing 20hz when I was doubting.

I really don't understand, you once compared sw300 with svs pb1000 price wise and now you claim xtz cannot be compared to sw300.

So, Yamaha and xtz can both do 20hz going by spec. So, why choose xtz over Yamaha? You were claiming sw300 is vfm for doing 20hz when I was doubting.

I really don't understand, you once compared sw300 with svs pb1000 price wise and now you claim xtz cannot be compared to sw300.
Few budget subs go low. 22-25hz. But that doesn’t mean they will sound and feel the Same as compared to higher cost subs. Bic went low but has a rms of 250 watts compared the xtz 500 watts rms. Then there is the tightness in bass. And also the xtz has more calibration options for better bass management. So keeping all this factor I went for the xtz after auditioning at my home. May be if I had got the sw300 to audition at my place I would have gone dual for the price of one xtz. Hope this clarifies your doubt. I said the sw300 goes low as 20hz purely based on the specification. I only meant to say that cost wise sw300 is in the svs pb 1000 bracket as it’s sold for the same price in us unlike the svs or other brand in India. And yes how can you compare a 250 watts rms sub to a 500 watts with 3 equalisers and port tuning options available. Also it costs 65k

Last edited:
SW300 responding at 20Hz but not that good, Surly it's hitting hard at 25Hz.
Well bang for bucks I would say. Dual may sound more smooth at lows. Even before i went for bic,sw300 was my top choice. And after selling the bic I was in big dilemma for going dual sw300 for the price of one xtz but sadly no were I was able to get a demo.

Well bang for bucks I would say. Dual may sound more smooth at lows. Even before i went for bic,sw300 was my top choice. And after selling the bic I was in big dilemma for going dual sw300 for the price of one xtz but sadly no were I was able to get a demo.
SW300 was not performing well at demo, It's performing more than I expected at my home.:)

Got the Yamaha SW-300 yesterday and tested with the recommended settings - Input to LFE terminal, Crossover on the SUB set to the max (although it has no effect as per the manual unless its connected to the Input 2 terminal) and crossover set to 90 Hz on the AVR. The bass is very low and muddy in both Music (Youtube etc) and Movies. Using the same Amazon basics cable which I was using with my old sub. My old yamaha 100W subwoofer is giving much better effects and integration with the overall sound and with the same cable and in the same position.

And my living room is much smaller than the Demo room. I was expecting much better response from the Sub. Something is wrong with the settings as it sounded much better in the Demo. Any pointers as to what could be wrong?

Got the Yamaha SW-300 yesterday and tested with the recommended settings - Input to LFE terminal, Crossover on the SUB set to the max (although it has no effect as per the manual unless its connected to the Input 2 terminal) and crossover set to 90 Hz on the AVR. The bass is very low and muddy in both Music (Youtube etc) and Movies. Using the same Amazon basics cable which I was using with my old sub. My old yamaha 100W subwoofer is giving much better effects and integration with the overall sound and with the same cable and in the same position.

And my living room is much smaller than the Demo room. I was expecting much better response from the Sub. Something is wrong with the settings as it sounded much better in the Demo. Any pointers as to what could be wrong?
First do a Subwoofer crawl for the best sub placement. Then run YPAO™ sound optimization. Before running YPAO set the sub volume to 70% of the total volume label. After YPAO completed check sub volume in AVR and change it as per your requirement. My sub volume was set by YPAO to -8.5db.
I manually set it to 0.0db.
Hope this help.
Yesterday I was watching 'Wonder Woman' on Bluray. Sub was working like a charm. The scene where Dayna was hit by sword on her bracelet and the wave generated from it was rumbling my couch.

First do a Subwoofer crawl for the best sub placement. Then run YPAO™ sound optimization. Before running YPAO set the sub volume to 70% of the total volume label. After YPAO completed check sub volume in AVR and change it as per your requirement. My sub volume was set by YPAO to -8.5db.
I manually set it to 0.0db.
Hope this help.
Yesterday I was watching 'Wonder Woman' on Bluray. Sub was working like a charm. The scene where Dayna was hit by sword on her bracelet and the wave generated from it was rumbling my couch.
i had to correct the db which was set by the avr , and set the crossover to 110Hz .
i also had to change the cable , the one sent along with the sub was flimsy . Got a bluerigger from Amazon , which works well.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back