How much KVA of power backup?

I know, I am too late now reply to this question, but I think you should use solar/wind power generator for this because these sources can provide you enough electricity for your home, I am also using solar power generator at my home. Well, according to your question you need approx 20KVA power backup for your home.

I finally got total of 5kva backup. 2 1.5 tonne split ACs run fine, along with my audio system. I even tried a third 1.5 tonne split and it could run fine.
There is one old voltas window AC that was causing the backup MCB to trip, so got it out of the backup. Will get it replaced next summers with something more efficient.

Jenifer - it would be interesting to use the solar/ wind. Please share some photographs and details of equipment you are using.

I have 1KVA power backup from society. I have just got a .8 ton AC which consumes 800W so will it work on power backup ?

I have 1KVA power backup from society. I have just got a .8 ton AC which consumes 800W so will it work on power backup ?

Normally in apartments/societies the power backup is not used for heavy load items like ACs, Iron boxes, geasers etc. These high load items will be on a separate part in the MCB which does not get the power backup from the 1KVA outlet. If used unknowingly then their is a risk of tripping the MCB/burning out the fuse. Even I have the 1KVA power backup in my apt but it is not loaded to these high load sockets. In fact 1KVA power backup usually will be around just 600 to 700W (somebody can correct me here with the wattage conversion) and hence should be ideally used for small LED TVs, fans, lights etc.,

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back