How Mutch I Need For My New HT?

Hi,

After I ask you I took audition of Sony DAV-DZ270 & Phillip HT 3565.

To my surprice Philips sounded much better than sony.
Vocals very clear,No distortion at Higher volumes(sony did)
Though S/N ratio is >65 only,output was much better.
It has co-ax in,HDMi 1080p upscaling,Divx ultra,DD,Dts,DD prologic2

Only speaker speci are different
Front 6 ohm,Centre 3ohm,Sub 8ohm
Sub 8 inch but cabinate smaller than sony,but lot air moves through
bassport I felt from 4 ft also.

What Do you say?
I may go for Philips.

Frankly Spirovious, I have not looked at these products at all in the market. Personally I would settle for the following order:

Samsung
LG
Sony

You really have to audition them and decide. Or if you could get me the specs, I can tell which one you should look at seriously.

I am trying to make some sense of your question. Let me look at all the alternatives.

1. Will the HTIB support new versions of DTS and DD such as DD EX or DTS ES? Yes, they should. But you have to check specifications.
  2. If they support new versions, will they also play older versions of DD and DTS? Yes they will.
  3. Will the HTIB support new sound formats such as TrueHD and DTS HD? Again you have to check the specs of the specific models.
  4. Can an HTIB that does not support True HD and DTS HD decode them through standard sound codecs such as DTS and DD or DTS ES and DD EX? No they cannot.

Yes, the DVD99 is a very good player. It upscales to 1080p, has 192/24 DAC for excellent sound, and CA DVD Players have the reputation for being excellent music players in addition to being good video devices.

Sansui Hardrock
Akai
Sany Trinitron
Sanyo CM29FS2

I have good experiences with both Aki and Sansui. I am currently using a Sansui Hardrock 29incher.

Cheers

Hi,

After I ask you I took audition of Sony DAV-DZ270 & Phillip HT 3565.

To my surprice Philips sounded much better than sony. Vocals very clear,No distortion at Higher volumes(sony did) Though S/N ratio is >65 only,output was much better. It has co-ax in,HDMi 1080p upscaling,Divx ultra,DD,Dts,DD prologic2

What Do you say? I may go for Philips.

Spirovious, your ears are always the best judge. If you like what your heard from the Philips, just go for it, and enjoy it.

Cheers

Need good 5.1 sp set

Finally i BOUGHT DENON 1908 (Rs-25000) & Pioneer DV600(Rs-5900) both from grey market,Thanx to abhijit15 for helping me to buy this products in this rate ,now i need good 5.1 speaker set to complete my HT now i m using Tower speaker made buy my friend & my old satellite speaker for center & surround but i am not satisfied with that,
REGARDS

Attachments

• Tower1.jpg
    Tower1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Tower Specifications.txt
    173 bytes · Views: 7
Guys I have yamaha 667 avr with nsp 8900 surround s nd centre now looking for some very good towers which model spill u suggest from lithos nd how about comparing them with tsi 400 polk

Guys I have yamaha 667 avr with nsp 8900 surround s nd centre now looking for some very good towers which model spill u suggest from lithos nd how about comparing them with tsi 400 polk

Lithos does not make towers in the sense you are looking at. The closest to a tower they have is Kontra which is more than a lakh.

Why don't you get the NSP 8900 floor standing speakers? They will match well with the rest of your system.

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back