How to configure FTA Channels on Tata SKY

Vishu_fbd

Hi Guys,

I read that the TS HD PVR boxes can be configured to manually add and display the Free to Air (FTA) channels.

Does any one have any idea on how the steps needed to configure those. I have a forum link where it says so but it doesnt look simple enough and not detailed either.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Vishu

Hi Guys,

I read that the TS HD PVR boxes can be configured to manually add and display the Free to Air (FTA) channels.

Does any one have any idea on how the steps needed to configure those. I have a forum link where it says so but it doesnt look simple enough and not detailed either.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Vishu

Could you post the Link?
/Alok

Could you post the Link?
/Alok

Searching for the link but here's what the content is, since I copied the info to try and setup at home......

To get free channels on tatasky do the following steps. Ensure that your tatasky STB is HD plus. Ordinary tatasky HD box cannot show pics even if you can store channels. These boxes will show This message '' sorry this channel is not available.''
Press organiser button on the remote ,then go to System Settings. then press select button on the remote .you will get system details. see the soft ware version. If it is 1.0.6.001 Nov. 08 2011. then its Ok.

Press back button once and go to user settings . go to add channels . enter satellite scan . add transponder details. (convert c band frequency in to Ku band. Other parameters like polarisation Symbol rate, FEC Qpsk/8psk are to be added accordingly. then press search button on the remote. if the details are correct the box will search for channels you needed to store manually. store replace or store append functions are available . store replace will used for the transponder we are searching. Store append will keep all searched channels in the memory.

RE: Tata Sky HD Box FTA Now !!
dear cooltarun, when we change to tatasky channels , the box will show technical problem !! if you go back to free to air channels from 5001 ,then the box will show pics . if you switch off the box and restart again the same info will appear. then you will have to repeat the searching procedure again. But for Indiavision channels and DD DTH such problem is not found.

Hello arman _99, How did u enter the parameters? ensure that u have to convert c band frequency to ku band to get signals for eg. to convert 4015 to Ku band sibstract 4015 form 5150. then add 9750 or 10600 with the result. ie,1135+10600=11735 or 1135+9750=10885. add other parameters same. try again. reply me if u don't get signal.

dear remyasok Kairali and mega musiq are coming from intelsat 17 @ 66E. Transponder 4015v Sr 30000.FEC 3/4 Standard -DVB-S2 .Modulation- 8PSK. to convert c band signals to KU band, use this formula - (5150- Tr. Freq)+ 10600 . If not getting Try (5150- Tr. Freq)+ 9750. Eg for kairali (5150-4015)+10600=1135+10600=11735. Other parameters are same.

To get DD DTH go to system details. Press 0 1 and enter(select button). u will get a new window. Select satellite settings .Press enter. u will get LNB settings. Again perss enter. u will get entry point. select on transponder which is editable. (an yellow button will appear) Press yellow button to edit. enter any DD DTH transponder. Press enter button .U will get signal details. then press back button. Exit from menu and go to user settings. go to add channels .enter any DD dth transponder. store it .and watch your favourite channels. free!!

Will this create issues for the existing subscribed channels?

If the answer is NO, I would like to try

Will this create issues for the existing subscribed channels?

If the answer is NO, I would like to try

I cant vouch but i guess no one has faced any yet... and i havent read anything facing any issue after trying this ... It either worked or it didnt. No crash reported.

Tatasky updated firmware recently, I couldn't find Transponder band option in the satellite scan section

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back