How to configure tatasky in harmony 525

smartwiz

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my tatasky digicomp to my new harmony 525.Has anyone done this.Suggest me the best way to configure this.I dont have the model number of tatasky remote.

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my tatasky digicomp to my new harmony 525.Has anyone done this.Suggest me the best way to configure this.I dont have the model number of tatasky remote.

On the logitech software page go to Add a device -> Under the Device select Digital set top box under the cable/ sat option ->Manufacturer Tata Sky -> Put In the model no. of your box.
Its done.

hey Ashish, how would you recommend the Harmony 525? Would it be worth going for or should i go for the cheaper One 4 All remote that costs 2k? (this one is 3.6k)

On the logitech software page go to Add a device -> Under the Device select Digital set top box under the cable/ sat option ->Manufacturer Tata Sky -> Put In the model no. of your box.
Its done.

I would also recommend the Harmony 525. Been using it for more than a year and works fine with all my stuff (Tata Sky, Samsung Series 6 LCD TV, Denon AV Receiver, WD-HDTV player, Philips DVD player, Denon DVD Player). Never faced a problem as yet.
Its extremely easy to set up and use.

Its done.
Egggjactly.

But having done so, I face a problem. Every click is taken as 2 clicks.
So, if I click down in a list, it goes down 2 places. If I try to type channel 100, the moment I press 1, it takes in 11 on the screen.

It surely is sending out 2 signals. I have successfully tested this. If I click on 1 and after a fraction of time cover the IR emitter in front, the second signal is blocked. Dunno how to sort this out.

Btw:
I've also configured the Airtel box on my 550. It works without a hitch.

Egggjactly.

But having done so, I face a problem. Every click is taken as 2 clicks.
So, if I click down in a list, it goes down 2 places. If I try to type channel 100, the moment I press 1, it takes in 11 on the screen.

It surely is sending out 2 signals. I have successfully tested this. If I click on 1 and after a fraction of time cover the IR emitter in front, the second signal is blocked. Dunno how to sort this out.

Btw:
I've also configured the Airtel box on my 550. It works without a hitch.

Is this happening with all your sources or just Tata Sky?

Only with TataSky.
I have almost all other equipment in my signature configured on it. Everything else works fine.

Have you typed the correct model number of the set top box while setting up your remote on the Logitech's software? I would suggest you to configure again and this time add it to the activity list too. Please revert back after performing the above requisites.

Have you typed the correct model number of the set top box while setting up your remote on the Logitech's software? I would suggest you to configure again and this time add it to the activity list too. Please revert back after performing the above requisites.

I'm using this model no: Tata Sky DSI-3207C Satellite

And it's already added to Activities.

I'm using this model no: Tata Sky DSI-3207C Satellite

And it's already added to Activities.

Do you know the brand of the set top box u own as I remember that before buying the tata sky+ I had the thompson Brand box from Tata Sky with me for which I chose the brand Thompson on the Logitech's menu and that worked for me.

I am having the same problem when I try to control the Tata Sky STB with my harmony 525.
I have a Tata Sky Humax STB. Not Tata Sky +.

Can anyone tell me the model number of the Tata Sky Humax STB?

Hi, I was just wondering what setting you used. I couldn't find the STB in the Harmony software and did not know what model to use.

Thanks!

My model STB is Jaeger DS260 and it is not there in the Harmony s/w.. It auto selected another model STB after taking input of 3 keys from the remote. It din't work either..

Configured it by teaching the remote keys to the 525..

Points to note:

All buttons except the below work as programmed without any problem,

Vol +/- and Mute buttons need to be programmed with * + <Key> for correct key. Else, the keys corresponding to the TV will be learnt.

Teletext keys (Red/Blue/Yellow/Green) will not work soon after programming.
They need to be mapped to the teletext keys of 525..
In the Harmony S/W select device corresponding to Airtel Box -> Settings -> Customise Buttons -> Standard Buttons. Scroll to the last and map the teletext keys to correct colours.

Now the 525 works fine with complete navigation, favorites, teletext keys etc and I am not using the airtel remote atall.

Hope it helps.

I've tried all of the above but my Harmony 670 still send multiple clicks for TataSky (not the + model). I've also tried setting "commands sent per button press" to "0", but still no luck. It does power on/off the TV and the STP fine though.
Anything I've overlooked?

Its working now, had to change the model no of the STB from DSI-3208C to DSI-3207C. Surprisingly the model no mention on the TataSky box is DSI-3208C which didnt work! :(

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back