How to connect my home theater with my desktop

I changed the VLC & Power DVD settings as you menstioned, also I downloaded the ATI HDMI audio drives from Realtek's wesbite and installed. But still the same problem.
While playing DTS movies
In Decode option : If i change DTS mode I am not getting any sound, sound comes only when i change PCM or Auto mode .

Ok, again it looks like your PC is still sending PCM audio instead of bitstreaming DTS.

After installing Realtek HDMI driver for ATI your playblack device list should have Realtek HDMI for ATI selected as default -

dZF2dRT.jpg

If it is not the default device then make it the default device and check if it works by playing some stuff with DTS in PowerDVD. If this is not working then in PowerDVD while playing right click and choose "Show information". Now you will see some details, post the details that you see in the "Audio" and "Output" section.

instead of media player, shall i add sound card in my pc??

I think there is no need for a sound card. I think your motherboard has S/PDIF output, so if your going to play regular Dolby Digital or DTS material then you can use this. But for HD formats like DTS-MA you will need HDMI for bitstreaming.

I was out of station last week so unable to replay . really sorry for...........

Ya I am getting sound. But the sound kind of stereo. NO EFFECTIVE
i am not getting 5.1 or DTS feel.

When I play DTS movies, Denon AVR showing : PCM & DIG

One small issue
While playing DTS movies
In Decode option : If i change DTS mode I am not getting any sound, sound comes only when i change PCM or Auto mode .

MY AVR SETTING DETAILS HERE:

In Speaker Setup

Speaker Config
Front : Small
Center : Small
Surround : Small
S.B (pre) : None
SW : Yes

Bass Setting
LFE :90 Hz
Mode : LFE

Distance
Step : 0.1m
FL : 2.00m
FR : 2.00m
C : 2.00m
SW : 2.00m
SL : 2.00m
SR : 2.00m

Corssover Freq
Front : 100 Hz
Center : 100 Hz
Surround : 100 Hz

In Input Setup

Input Assign
Opt : BD

Input Mode
Input HDMI

Decode : PCM

Source Level
S. Lev : +10 dB

In Option Setup

Volume Control
Disp : Absolute
Limit : OFF
P.On : Last
Mute : -40dB

Can the "decode: pcm" be changed to auto if possible. Let the Pc and Avr decide over hdmi handshake who has got the decoders.

Hi Nishanth,

Some personal reason I was out of station Last 2 month . Really sorry for too late reply.I have attached the playback drivers, Power DVD Setting, speaker setup and sitting position images here.

My room size 10 x 10 feet.

Here my present AMP setting

Speaker Setup

Speaker Config.
Front, Center, Surround : Small
SW: Yes

Bass Setting
LFE : 80Hz
Mode : LFE + main

Distance

Step : 0.01m
FL : 1.00m
FR : 1.00m
C : 1.00m
SW : 1.00m
SL : 2.00m
SR : 2.00m

Channel Level

Test Tone Start
FL : +1.0dB
FR : +1.0dB
C : +1.5dB
SR : +3.0dB
SL : +3.0dB
SW : 0.0dB

Crossover Freq.

Front, Center, Surround : 80Hz

Input Setup

Input Assign
Opt : BD

Input Mode : HDMI
Decode : Auto

Source Level

S.Lev : +12dB

Option Setup

Volume Control
Disp : Absolute
Limit : OFF
P.On : Last

Other Setup

Audio Out : Amp
Auto Surr : On

Ok, again it looks like your PC is still sending PCM audio instead of bitstreaming DTS.

After installing Realtek HDMI driver for ATI your playblack device list should have Realtek HDMI for ATI selected as default -

dZF2dRT.jpg

If it is not the default device then make it the default device and check if it works by playing some stuff with DTS in PowerDVD. If this is not working then in PowerDVD while playing right click and choose "Show information". Now you will see some details, post the details that you see in the "Audio" and "Output" section.

I think there is no need for a sound card. I think your motherboard has S/PDIF output, so if your going to play regular Dolby Digital or DTS material then you can use this. But for HD formats like DTS-MA you will need HDMI for bitstreaming.

Attachments

• Power DVD Setting.jpg
    Power DVD Setting.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 29
  • playback drivers.jpg
    playback drivers.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 30
  • System Setup_01.jpg
    System Setup_01.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 29
  • System Setup_02.jpg
    System Setup_02.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 31
  • AMP.jpg
    AMP.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I dont know why the images all are showing too small While uploading
so
Here I have attached PDF doc. file

sorry
unable to attached doc.
:(

Last edited:
I think you have to go with the software approach. There is something called JRiver which overrides the PC config to send bitstream of dts to avr via hdmi. I hear from other forums that it is as simple as selecting bitstream in the menu. You can try this.
But Firstly did you get bitstream over optical port?

First remove Realtek drivers. Stick with ATI HDMI drivers.

Right click the speaker icon and then select "Playback Devices". Select HDMI and then click "Configure". Select 5.1 speakers option. Click Next, Next, Finish till you reach the end.

SpeakerSetup-XonarDG.jpg

Download MPC BE from here
http://dev.mpc-next.ru/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1633.0;attach=5211

Unzip and launch mpc-be.exe

Select View --> Options --> Playback --> Output

W3LDEBJ.png

Select "MPC Audio Renderer". Then click "Properties". Use the following setting.

3s9pwSb.png

Click "Apply", then "OK".

Select View --> Options --> Internal Filters --> Audio Decoders (Tab) --> Audio decoder configuration

6dh7iOg.png

Use the following settings

qUOJQZo.png

Click "Apply", then "OK".

Download this multichannel test file and play in MPC BE.

http://dl.demo-world.eu/download_dolby.php?filename=dolby_channel_check.rar

Check if you see Dolby Digital 5.1 logo light up in your AVR and you hear the speaker sequence from different speakers.

I think you have to go with the software approach. There is something called JRiver which overrides the PC config to send bitstream of dts to avr via hdmi. I hear from other forums that it is as simple as selecting bitstream in the menu. You can try this.
But Firstly did you get bitstream over optical port?

I don't have optical port in my PC

Follow the steps mentioned by ontherocks. To get 5.1 effect your hdmi card and player should be set properly. You will also need movies with 5.1 channel.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back