How to connect Tata Sky HD set top box to my creative 5.1 sound system?

sachu21

How to connect Tata Sky HD set top box to my creative 5.1 sound system?

I have a creative 5.1 sound system.
It has only analogue type of input only. I meant to say it doesnt have any optical or coaxial input.

Im planning to buy Tata sky HD connection. I don't think that, that STB will be having a sound output that suits my present sound system.

My queries are.
1. How do i connect the STB of Tata sky to my present 5.1 sound speaker system. I mean are there any decoders available. What will be the approximate cost of such decoders?
2. Is Tata sky the best one in terms of sound and picture clarity?
3. Is there any actual use by connecting a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system to DTH set top boxes? I mean are they actually transmitting 7.1 dolby channels as the advertise or are they fooling us?
Thank u:)

Answers:

1. How do i connect the STB of Tata sky to my present 5.1 sound speaker system. I mean are there any decoders available. What will be the approximate cost of such decoders?
Ans: use any of these in this page: I have it and it works.
5.1 decoder | eBay

2. Is Tata sky the best one in terms of sound and picture clarity?
Ans: Not necessary. All service providers are same as they have same limited bandwidth. The difference even if there is never noticeable for common man.

3. Is there any actual use by connecting a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system to DTH set top boxes? I mean are they actually transmitting 7.1 dolby channels as the advertise or are they fooling us?
Ans: Yes about 12 HD channels are broadcast in true 5.1 audio. Rest of the HD channels also have 5.1 but its not true- they are simply upmixing stereo audio to center and surrounds. No 7.1 in any channel though. Its only 5.1 till date.

Hope that helps.

You can connect the STB to the TV and then from the TV (headphones jack) to the Creative speakers.

Other options as suggested by htfan17.

Cheaper alternative is to use headphone output of TV if its available. The STB also should have analog outputs that can be connected to the Creative speakers, though you might need a 3.5 mm Stereo Jack to RCA converter (cheap and available at any local shop).

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back