How to do an international bank transfer to germany

Yelamanchili manohar

Hi all :)

I was planning on buying a transformer from Germany. Its only 146 euros. But as per my dad, when he contacted HDFC bank, they gave him a lengthy list of requirements, like FEMA rules, sale agreement etc :(

Any pointers in this direction will be very helpful :)

Hi all :)

I was planning on buying a transformer from Germany. Its only 146 euros. But as per my dad, when he contacted HDFC bank, they gave him a lengthy list of requirements, like FEMA rules, sale agreement etc :(

Any pointers in this direction will be very helpful :)
Hi Manu,

PayPal is good and convenient. You can link it to your credit card.
I have used it a couple of times without any issues for buying CD's.
Plus if I am not mistaken , you may be covered for any fraudulent transaction. But this needs to be confirmed though.

Regards,
Nitin

use the app wise which used to be transfer wise. it does bank to bank transfer and lower commission than Paypal
Thanks a ton arj :)

Turns out my father is more resourceful than me :D
He manged to find someone to do the payment on my behalf. I actually bought a T+A preamp in the USA, in my very early days in the hobby. It has been lying in the closet ever since. Just sent an email to T+A on a hunch, and they offered to ship a replacement transformer of 220V rating. Thought I'd finally use it to stitch up a second system when required. Thanks again for the help :)

Today our credit and debit cards can be used internationally. For amounts like this, simplest to swipe your card, or if they have an online option, to pay online form your credit card.

International transfers have been greatly simplified. Many banks today offer international remmitances via SWIFT, from their Internet Banking site.
I have used this option for HDFC bank, and it is quite easy to use.

Back