How to get 5.1 surround sound from airtel digital tv??

Viren007

Hi FM members, today i have upgraded my airtel digital tv to HD, however not able to get surround sound experience, my airtel hd is connected to denon 1713 via Hdmi and through AV receiver to projector. Airtel doesn't have any audio setting for surround sound except for volume control, hence i am getting only stereo sound. Please help me if somebody gone through the same situation.

Hi viren,

You need a optical cable to get surround sound out of Airtel Digital HD. Buy a optical cable and connect the HD box with AVR. Now, for audio assign the optical out to that Airtel HDMI port select the CBL/OPT in the AVR.

Not yet, still searching for good optical cable ...flipkart doesn't have to many option hence planning to visit Nehru place this monday...

Hi baijuxavior, is it the same as suggested by santy in above post, also if you can share your feedback on surround sound and video quality of your relience hd.
As of now i am not that satisfied with hd picture quality as compared to 1080 movies we watch usually, edges are not clear and sharpness is missing what i have observed as off now.

Same one but white.

I am not satisfied with reliance hd. The PQ of SD channels is just OK even with the upscaling from their end. The only HD channel I have subscribed to is Star Movies. The PQ is quite good, but not as good as BR Rips. There is no surround audio. Sound of HD channel is really low. I will soon change to videocon as it has more number of hd channels.

Yes you are absolutely right, now i am feeling cheated. I have closely monitored the installation of my hd setup box and what i have observed everything remain same apart of that new instrument box, i was in assumption That for hd setup they will surely replace the existing cable with new one(high quality), also what is the use of hdmi if it doesn't contains surround signals....what i left with another rs 500 hole in my pocket for optical cable and addition of wire Clutter at back of AV.

Guys,

Airtel HD box does support 5.1 channel sound through HDMI. There is a setting for that. We need to goto Settings - User Settings - Audio

Here we need to set Dolby Digital Plus for the HDMI audio output. That's it, we will get the 5.1 channel sound on the supported channels. Thanks.:eek:hyeah:

The Audio quality has improved by leaps and bounds in last year, especially the Star channels. Its fantastic to watch movies with full 5.1 effect.

hey I am using belkin optical cable. With Denon X520Bt & Airtel HD..
Its working....display shows DD...etc...

I'm using Airtel HD connected with Denon 1200 through HDMI. I get Dolby Digital Plus. Decent sound and picture quality.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back