How to get HD Content

If I understand your prose correctly, you are saying you could play 720P? If so, it is HD!

If you check the link,you can get both 720p & 1080p content.
I cld play 720p one but 1080p was not supported by monitor so screen became blank.

even if anyone manages to download a true blu ray disc, its impossible to burn it on a disc, as far as i know the current prices of a blank blu ray disc is astronomical to say the least. plus you would need a blu ray disc burner.

You could rent Bluray disks. Not as cheap as DVD's but the good news is that it's started ...!

Cheers!

I played 720p content (downloaded from microsoft website) on my PC connected to Panasonic Plasma using 9-pin VGA connector. The pic quality appeared very good on the TV, much better than the best of DVDs that I have played. This was only to test the HD capabilities of the TV, since regular HD content is still not widely available. Many of HD rips floating on torrent sites, I suspect, are upsacaled versions only and not true HD.
Hence, for me, PC connected to TV via VGA connector is an acceptable solution for the time being.

Hi Yog,

>>>You could rent Bluray disks. Not as cheap as DVD's but the good news is that it's started ...!

Do you know which rental service is offering Blu-ray disks?

Anurag,

There is no other way out, if you want HD content, buy a Blu-ray player. I promise you would not be disappointed. HDTV, if and when it comes to India, would still be inferior to what you get on a Blu-ray disk.

Thanks,
Sharad

even if anyone manages to download a true blu ray disc, its impossible to burn it on a disc, as far as i know the current prices of a blank blu ray disc is astronomical to say the least. plus you would need a blu ray disc burner.

Sony Blank BD starts from Rs.350 @ croma.

Last edited:
If you wait for few months,prices will go down like DVD writter.

I am sure, but can one wait is the eternal question. I saw an LG Blu-Ray Writer for Rs. 15200 at Computer Warehouse Online - Buy Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, Laptops and Electronics and I am planning on ordering it so at least I can start off with something and then later upgrade down the line 6 months from now or so. As long as this does dual layer 50 GB discs then its fine. I am sure all my data will be backed up very soon in a limited number of discs.

I am sure, but can one wait is the eternal question. I saw an LG Blu-Ray Writer for Rs. 15200 at Computer Warehouse Online - Buy Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, Laptops and Electronics and I am planning on ordering it so at least I can start off with something and then later upgrade down the line 6 months from now or so. As long as this does dual layer 50 GB discs then its fine. I am sure all my data will be backed up very soon in a limited number of discs.

Try to get reviews too.

Thanks,
I have tried in past,but DL speed is very less.Sometime it doesnt start.
I DL link posted by dolphin,but they are very small.
any new content?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back