How to RIP DVD's with AC3/DTS?

Sumit

Hi Guys!!

I need to find an application to RIP DVD's to AVI with AC3/DTS sound format?

Need help fast with this. Thanks.

Sumit.

I have used AutoGK(autogaurdknock) with 5.1 AC3 support ,its free.

This too is good, but will be a bit complicated for newbies and also to my knowledge is not being updated that frequently. Was certainly my favorite a few years ago, but since HandBrake came out it's the best and also very easy to use.

This too is good, but will be a bit complicated for newbies and also to my knowledge is not being updated that frequently. Was certainly my favorite a few years ago, but since HandBrake came out it's the best and also very easy to use.

Nice vacation avatar moser.AutoGK is not much complicated ,but offers good options.

I have used AutoGK(autogaurdknock) with 5.1 AC3 support ,its free.

SPIRO>I tried using AUTOGK but I cannot find a way of ripping DVD's to AVI format with 5.1 AC3 support. I was able to rip to AVI with 2ch but not with AC3. Is this possible?

MOSER>I tried Handbrake also, but I could not find how to rip the DVD to AVI with 5.1 support. If this is possible with Handbrake, please confirm what version and how to do it.

This doesn't seem to be straighforward. Please help.

Sumit

SPIRO>I tried using AUTOGK but I cannot find a way of ripping DVD's to AVI format with 5.1 AC3 support. I was able to rip to AVI with 2ch but not with AC3. Is this possible?

MOSER>I tried Handbrake also, but I could not find how to rip the DVD to AVI with 5.1 support. If this is possible with Handbrake, please confirm what version and how to do it.

This doesn't seem to be straighforward. Please help.

Sumit

For HandBrake > "Audio & Subtitles" use "Audio Codec" AC3 (it will drop down for the selection).

For AutoGK > "Advanced Settings" output audio type select "Original (AC3/DTS/MPA only).

Either should work.

For HandBrake > "Audio & Subtitles" use "Audio Codec" AC3 (it will drop down for the selection).

For AutoGK > "Advanced Settings" output audio type select "Original (AC3/DTS/MPA only).

Either should work.

I have just tried AUTOGK with these settings and after 6 minutes the following error appears:

Too many pictures per GOP (>=500).
DGIndex will terminate.

I tested this on two different DVDs and got the same error.

Any ideas?

no offence, but the thing is, converting via handbrake or auto gk is a complicated task. compared to that, convertx is way too simple and effective. just click on convert and it just does it! :)

no offence, but the thing is, converting via handbrake or auto gk is a complicated task. compared to that, convertx is way too simple and effective. just click on convert and it just does it! :)[/QUOTE

Isn't convertx used to rip files onto the DVD's than vice-versa?

no offence, but the thing is, converting via handbrake or auto gk is a complicated task. compared to that, convertx is way too simple and effective. just click on convert and it just does it! :)[/QUOTE

Isn't convertx used to rip files onto the DVD's than vice-versa?

convertx can convert any file into dvd res. say a HD mkv to SD. but the output is in MPEG2.

okay here's a suggestion.

i tried quite a few and found this one most useful: Avidemux (GTK+)

just google it, there's the windows, linux and mac versions on the site.

can convert virtually anything to anything!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back