How to ship heavy equipment cheaply

Vivek Batra

Hi Guys

I have to ship my subwoofer from Chandigarh to Hyderabad. I am having tough time with this shipping. The sub is well packed in its original packaging and then wooden crate. I have been checking with different courier companies, at first they quote insane prices. Every company has a different volumetric calculation formula. I need to get this insured as well.

First the courier guys agree to send it through but won't show up for pickup.

How you have shipped heavy equipment say with volumetric weight 115kgs while the actual weight is 55kg to 60kgs only.

I am pissed off with DTDC guys, I contacted 2 different offices, a guy came to me in his CAR to pick up while he already knew the dimensions. On seeing the parcel he vanished by saying he will arrange a pickup but no one turned up. So unprofessional.

Could you please suggest which courier is to be used that could carry it safely and cheaply.

Thanks.
Vivek

Well Spoton is the cheapest, Blue dart costliest and gati.and DTDC are similarly priced. Will just try Gati now.

Try air cargo say Indigo Airlines . You can book under unaccompanied cargo. Probably, the recipient will have to pick it up from Hyderabad airport . Never tried shipping this way.

Gati should be your only choice. They are best to transport such stuff. They do home pick up and drop. Dtdc and others would be very costly for anything larger than an envelope.

MaSh

1. Gati
2. Safeexpress
3. DTDC
4. Transport
5. Fedex
6. Agggarwal parkers and movers
7. Bluedart

1-4 options are the cheaper as compared to last three.
No. 4 is transport by trucks. They move around lot of stuff and do not charge much. I don't know them by name but each city is supposed to have their offices in truck market.

Safest and cheaper though would be gati, safexpress etc.

I bought a heavy amp from a FM. He used Aggarwal Packers to ship the amp from Punjab to Bangalore. I did not hear, nor did I face any problems while receiving the package.

I bought a heavy amp from a FM. He used Aggarwal Packers to ship the amp from Punjab to Bangalore. I did not hear, nor did I face any problems while receiving the package.
In my case buyer too won't hear anything. :) I had a lot of issue from getting the crate made to looking for carpenter in this time. Any ways I just wish it reaches the buyer safely.

Just for information, I checked with Indigo this morning. They were quick to respond but they said there is a limit from 40kgs max from Chandigarh airport. So that didn't work out for me. Bit that's not the case from Delhi or other bigger airports.

Hi Guys

I have to ship my subwoofer from Chandigarh to Hyderabad. I am having tough time with this shipping. The sub is well packed in its original packaging and then wooden crate. I have been checking with different courier companies, at first they quote insane prices. Every company has a different volumetric calculation formula. I need to get this insured as well.

First the courier guys agree to send it through but won't show up for pickup.

How you have shipped heavy equipment say with volumetric weight 115kgs while the actual weight is 55kg to 60kgs only.

I am pissed off with DTDC guys, I contacted 2 different offices, a guy came to me in his CAR to pick up while he already knew the dimensions. On seeing the parcel he vanished by saying he will arrange a pickup but no one turned up. So unprofessional.

Could you please suggest which courier is to be used that could carry it safely and cheaply.

Thanks.
Vivek
Use Gati surface, its fast & economical. I shipped my B&W front tower speakers to another FM over here from Mumbai to Hyderbad.
They reached in less then a week & safe & sound. Try them you will be impressed.

Cheers.

Use Gati surface, its fast & economical. I shipped my B&W front tower speakers to another FM over here from Mumbai to Hyderbad.
They reached in less then a week & safe & sound. Try them you will be impressed.

Cheers.
Got the gati with Gati this morning. :) They were quite responsible to turn around well on time.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back