How to ship heavy equipment cheaply

Do these carriers provide boxes, packing material etc. or only responsible to pickup a packed box & ship/deliver it?

Finally Gati came to pickup in just one call. Thanks everyone for your help.
A colleague of mine travelled from Chandigarh to Hyderabad just last week and would've surely obliged. Anyway, good that it worked out for you.

If I may ask, how much did it cost? I too am required to send a box to Calcutta; hence the curiosity.\

I had used Bluedart to ship all the parcels of GR Research kits group buy which came in two large pallets by their surface transport but had a horrible experience with DTDC. FYI, an FM shipped a speaker to someone in Punjab by DTDC well packed with enough PU foam all around and double boxed but they still managed to not only damage the boxes but even dislodge the tweeter from it. This won't happen unless that handler forcefully throws the package from the lorry onto the ground. Go figure it out. That's DTDC for you. :mad:

Last edited:
A colleague of mine travelled from Chandigarh to Hyderabad just last week and would've surely obliged. Anyway, good that it worked out for you.

If I may ask, how much did it cost? I too am required to send a box to Calcutta; hence the curiosity.\

I had used Bluedart to ship all the parcels of GR Research kits group buy which came in two large pallets by their surface transport but had a horrible experience with DTDC. FYI, an FM shipped a speaker to someone in Punjab by DTDC well packed with enough PU foam all around and double boxed but they still managed to not only damage the boxes but even dislodge the tweeter from it. This won't happen unless that handler forcefully throws the package from the lorry onto the ground. Go figure it out. That's DTDC for you. :mad:
Hi @captrajesh

Thanks for offering the help :) . I paid 6200 bucks to Gati including insurance . The volumetric weight is around 115kgs. Blue dart had given me.a quote for around 7900. Spoton just 2900. So if the parcel is well packed and less prone to mishandling, Spoton can be considered as well.

Regards
Vivek

I bought a heavy amp from a FM. He used Aggarwal Packers to ship the amp from Punjab to Bangalore. I did not hear, nor did I face any problems while receiving the package.
That FM from Punjab was me btw. :D

I got same amp along with focal 1038 delivered by aggarwals in a very professional way so thats why I recommend them always.

What did you mean by you did not hear?:D

That FM from Punjab was me btw. :D

I got same amp along with focal 1038 delivered by aggarwals in a very professional way so thats why I recommend them always.

What did you mean by you did not hear?:D
You having any issues with Aggarwals :)

You having any issues with Aggarwals :)

Absolutely not. I only used them twice, first as a buyer and then as a seller shipping. I paid around 25k for parasound a21 and focal 1038 to be shipped from MP which is very expensive. They even took back the packing material for which I paid handsomely. :D

I thought you meant you did not hear from me. :D

By road is safe option.
When l sent Tower speakers in original packing with DTDC air route, speaker terminal broke.

Gati by road shipped my Bookshelf speakers,they reached safely.But one amp with wooden protection, connestors did bend.

Blue dart or FedEx are safer options as FM did send Bigger projector safely even without original packing.
During packing, instead of Thermocol ,multiple bubble wrap is preferred by some companies for safety.

I paid 6200 bucks to Gati including insurance . The volumetric weight is around 115kgs. Blue dart had given me.a quote for around 7900. Spoton just 2900. So if the parcel is well packed and less prone to mishandling, Spoton can be considered as well.
Thanks for the info bro.

Although you have already sent the item, but you can look to send big items via FedEx surface. They have flat rate of 500rs for first 20kg and rs20/kg after that. So, it would had been 500 for first 20kg + 95 x 20rs = 2500rs. And it would had being a door to door delivery.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back