How to store 1080 resolution video from Camcorder.

deba

Dear All

How do I store 1080 HD Video shot with a Sony HDR CX 100E HD Camera so that it can be played at full resolution in a standalone player. The files are MPEG 4 AVC.

Will I have to burn to Blu Ray as DVD will not support 1080 and MPEG 4.
Kindly discuss.

Thanks

Dear All

How do I store 1080 HD Video shot with a Sony HDR CX 100E HD Camera so that it can be played at full resolution in a standalone player. The files are MPEG 4 AVC.

Will I have to burn to Blu Ray as DVD will not support 1080 and MPEG 4.
Kindly discuss.

Thanks

I think you camera would output 1080i?

well, your authorising (disc creation) software would allow you to create AVCHD discs, which are basically 1080i/p discs on normal DVD blanks. these should playback on the PS3 and most BD players (the ones that support AVCHD)

while authoring you should ensure that your combined peak bitrate of all your streams do not exceed 20Mbps (since most blu-rays can play dvds at 2x speed 1x=10.08Mbps)

if you don't have / can't use the authoring software that came with the camera.. I suggest you try MultiAVCHD

::: multiAVCHD home :::

a slight learning curve, but IMHO worth it!

If you have a sony, it must be storing it in m2ts or mts formats. I currently keep it in its native format and play it via my laptop through my vga cable to lcd tv or natively in my laptop.

The other option is convert to mkv and copy it to a thumb drive and play it with a player that supports mkv. It could be a media player or any other device.

I think you camera would output 1080i?

well, your authorising (disc creation) software would allow you to create AVCHD discs, which are basically 1080i/p discs on normal DVD blanks. these should playback on the PS3 and most BD players (the ones that support AVCHD)

while authoring you should ensure that your combined peak bitrate of all your streams do not exceed 20Mbps (since most blu-rays can play dvds at 2x speed 1x=10.08Mbps)

if you don't have / can't use the authoring software that came with the camera.. I suggest you try MultiAVCHD

::: multiAVCHD home :::

a slight learning curve, but IMHO worth it!

+1 to Kapvin , I own a XR 500 E and have created AVCHD disk on blank dvd with the help of the supplied software "Picture Motion Browser" . I have also played that disk in my PS3 and let me confirm you the PQ is awesome. The bit rate will oscillate between 16 to 20 Mbps. In fact the same software is supplied with 100 E also and it is pretty simple to use that. In fact once installed, when you connect your camera to yr PC, it will almost do everything automatically. You just have to provide few inputs and have to insert blank DVD or BR disk if you have a drive.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back