• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

How to Bitstream HD audio from HTPC/Laptop

rajuisback

Can someone help me with laptop and potPlayer settings to play local video content to my AVR from my laptop.
laptop<avr<epsonProjector

Laptop HP 15 r014tx with core i5 4gb ram and nividia 820m gfx card. Is this laptop capable to bitstream 1080p blu Ray rip without any lag to Yamaha 2071 AVR through hdmi?

Does potplayer bitstream audio only ? Or does it bitstream video also as raw? I am new to this don't have a clue.
See if you can get DVD FAB 5 ULTRA. That's the best one can get for a HTPC

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

rpmahale

Recently I have installed Tidal and Spotify on my Window 7 laptop. I have connected laptop with Denon AVR through HDMI connection. Now laptop stream bitstream data when playing through Spotify and PCM data when playing through Tidal.
Spotify interface show two options for playback
  1. Through laptop
  2. Through Denon AVR.
When first option selected laptop stream PCM data and when Denon AVR selected laptop stream bitstream data. Bitstream data sounds much better than PCM . Little open and fuller sound stage with better bass control. Certainly noticeable difference in sound quality. May be in second option Denon DAC is used rather than laptop
Tidal interface doesn't have such selection of streaming and always stream PCM . No bitstream from laptop. How shall I stream bitstream data from Tidal to AVR through laptop.

Love4sound

Recently I have installed Tidal and Spotify on my Window 7 laptop. I have connected laptop with Denon AVR through HDMI connection. Now laptop stream bitstream data when playing through Spotify and PCM data when playing through Tidal.
Spotify interface show two options for playback
  1. Through laptop
  2. Through Denon AVR.
When first option selected laptop stream PCM data and when Denon AVR selected laptop stream bitstream data. Bitstream data sounds much better than PCM . Little open and fuller sound stage with better bass control. Certainly noticeable difference in sound quality. May be in second option Denon DAC is used rather than laptop
Tidal interface doesn't have such selection of streaming and always stream PCM . No bitstream from laptop. How shall I stream bitstream data from Tidal to AVR through laptop.
Tidal launched in India? I tried subscribing but India not listed

rpmahale

Spotify launched in India recently not Tidal. For Tidal subscription use

rpmahale

Please help me to bitstream audio from tidal desktop app on my Dell laptop to Denon av receiver via HDMI port.

dr_rocket

Please help me to bitstream audio from tidal desktop app on my Dell laptop to Denon av receiver via HDMI port.
If you already have Tidal desktop app setup on your laptop which is connected to AVR via HDMI, then it's already done. Is it not working?

rpmahale

I already have Tidal app on laptop connected through HDMI port. Input signal shows PCM+Digital on AVR. When I play Spotify through desktop app it also shows PCM+Digital. When I play Spotify through AVR app input signal shows only Digital and there is huge difference between sound quality from desktop app to AVR app as AVR process the signal. AVR processed sound quality is much better. In other case window process the signal and send to AVR for amplification..I wanted to use AVR internal DAC and processing and laptop will just bitstream the Tidal.

SPONSORED ADS