How to stream songs from Saavn?

Good point, but the cost calcuations are quite a bit off:
Since I do not want to touch my openelec/ Kodi, I need to buy a new RPI + new memory card + a new (and audiophile grade) powersupply + additional cable to connect to amplifier + HiFi Berry DAC. All of that will be close to Rs. 10000.
A CCA can be obtained at about Rs. 2000 on ebay.in
So, that is quite a difference.

However, for the moment once my new gear is in, I will try to use Yatse and OpenElec on my existing RPI. That can play FLAC as well - I just need to arrange for a DAC.
I understand that the interface and user experience of MoOde will be something I might miss, but will I miss say 24 bit/ 192 quality as well with openelec?

Noooo, this is not the way I will see. You need Rpi 2, 2500 bucks, and with Rpi 2 no need for any audiophile grade PSU, a simple 2A adapter will do(I use a common samsung adapter), memory card also an 8GB class 4 will do just fine for Moode (wich is like 300 bucks.). Yes RCA cable can be a bit expensive if you go with elite brands, but decent one you can get for just 500 bucks. There is no way the cost will even go near 10K. In total including DAC the cost should be between 5-6K. Plus its a one time investment for very close to the best audio quality you can get, and that too for such a less price.
Also any player can play FLAC, but there is reason Moode/Volumio and Rune audio has their name. Kodi will be the worst of players for Audio. Kodi is video and should be used for video only ...

Rest is your take ....:)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back