HSU VTF-2 MK3 driver weight and connections

kapilg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I want to purchanse and bring HSU VTF-2 mk3 from US to India. The final weight of shipable product is approx 80 lbs. Airlines will allow only till max 70 lbs in exeptional cases.

Someone suggested that driver of this subwoofer will br approx 20 lbs and I can bring it separately.

This certainly is a good idea. (I know I will be doing it on my own risk)

I wish if someone can help me find out -

1) What is actual weight of this driver (HSU VTF-2 MK3).
2) Is it easy to take out driver from subwoofer (Dont worry, I am a mechanical Engineer and need some guidance here)
3) What all connections are there for driver.

Will appreciate an early guidance on this.

The driver's weight won't be much. A 10 inch driver would generally weigh about 4 Kgs. And in terms of connections I would reckon there would be two wires coming from the crossover built inside.

I would very much advise against removing the driver and fitting it again. Companies like Hsu spend a lot of time testing the completed subs. In any case you should check with Hsu.

Cheers

You may be aware that Hsu sells drivers separately-check their site. IIRC they also sell amps-or you can buy an amp. That's an option to keep in mind, since weight is an issue-people here who have built subs can easily guide you.. A third option is to buy a very high end AE driver, or a Shiva or one from Parts Express with a plate amp and make the box here-very easy.

Dont go the cheap route man. Ship it via sea with insurance and make sure you list out the products in your crate. It will take some time to reach you but is the better way to get subs from the US. Make sure you get a decent packer like North American Van LInes or something comparable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I want to purchanse and bring HSU VTF-2 mk3 from US to India. The final weight of shipable product is approx 80 lbs. Airlines will allow only till max 70 lbs in exeptional cases.

Someone suggested that driver of this subwoofer will br approx 20 lbs and I can bring it separately.

This certainly is a good idea. (I know I will be doing it on my own risk)

I wish if someone can help me find out -

1) What is actual weight of this driver (HSU VTF-2 MK3).
2) Is it easy to take out driver from subwoofer (Dont worry, I am a mechanical Engineer and need some guidance here)
3) What all connections are there for driver.

Will appreciate an early guidance on this.

kapilg;137204 I want to purchanse and bring HSU VTF-2 mk3 from US to India. The final weight of shipable product is approx 80 lbs. Airlines will allow only till max 70 lbs in exeptional cases.[/QUOTE said:
Just FYI, this is due to Health and Safety reasons. An average human being(includes airline's staff and us too) should not be lifting weights above 30Kilos, hence this rule.

2) It will cost almost double as compared to US
Hey Kapil, if you add shipping costs and risk to your US purchased MK3, I still think it makes sense to buy from Audire. I don't think it is sold for double here. Have you checked with Audire? That they do not have stock is another thing. BTW, two members, manu4panjab and jayad08 bought the MK3 recently.

He had asked in a separate thread if there are dealers in India and didnt get a reply so has already purchased it. So now there is no question of buying it in India.

BTW, the costs in the US for rosewood finish in US will be 650 USD so around 30k RS. and with Audire around 45k Rs I think (As per manu's post). So a premium of 50%.

Does Audire support these subs with India warranty?

Edit: I see the OP has not purchased the sub yet, misread on my part.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back