HT for the broke!

harryneopotter

Hello good people.
So I have almost finalized the video setup (tw7100 or 9400). Now for each of them, a sound bar or htib won't do any justice. But do I have any better option in 60k?

1. Jbl Bar 5.1 (while I like the sound, the reliability and durability is an issue. Once the warranty is over, can conk off with no solution)

2. Denon 250bt + Taga 506 5.0 + my Nsw300 yamaha sub.

I would rather get some pre loved hardware but not sure where to look for it. Olx and Facebook marketplace is filled of generic overpriced stuff. Any recommendations?

Is this any good as an entry level 5.1 setup?

Regarding your HT setup my suggestion would be to build the components in stages if you don't have the budget right now and opt for some decent components and don't go for the cheapest ones. You will definately feel the urge to upgrade within 3 to 6 months if you go by the cheapest 5.1 setup now.
Purchase AVR and LCR speakers now. Surrounds and subwoofer you can purchase at a later stage.

Is this any good as an entry level 5.1 setup?

The system offers good value for money but subwoofer tends to throw issues very frequently. I have been using it for almost a decade now.

I would suggest Elac Cinema 5 or 10 series over this.

Regarding your HT setup my suggestion would be to build the components in stages if you don't have the budget right now and opt for some decent components and don't go for the cheapest ones. You will definately feel the urge to upgrade within 3 to 6 months if you go by the cheapest 5.1 setup now.
Purchase AVR and LCR speakers now. Surrounds and subwoofer you can purchase at a later stage.
Yes, I am thinking about this as well. Since I do have a sub, going with LCR for now should be fine I guess.
The system offers good value for money but subwoofer tends to throw issues very frequently. I have been using it for almost a decade now.

I would suggest Elac Cinema 5 or 10 series over this.
Thank you. You think elac cinema 5 will be better than this? My living room is huge but the listening area will be around 200 Sq feet (open from one side though)

Apart from the Elac, the following is an option to look into. Good reviews so far.

Yes, I have been looking at this as well. Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Yes, I am thinking about this as well. Since I do have a sub, going with LCR for now should be fine I guess.

Thank you. You think elac cinema 5 will be better than this? My living room is huge but the listening area will be around 200 Sq feet (open from one side though)
Best HTIB for your use case is Elac Cinema 12 but it retails for 75-80k. Also check Magnat Cinema Star

This is a decent budget system

Is this better than Taga 506/606 in your opinion?

They appear to be out of stock on this site. I'll try to look for them elsewhere.

Hello good people.
So I have almost finalized the video setup (tw7100 or 9400). Now for each of them, a sound bar or htib won't do any justice. But do I have any better option in 60k?

1. Jbl Bar 5.1 (while I like the sound, the reliability and durability is an issue. Once the warranty is over, can conk off with no solution)

2. Denon 250bt + Taga 506 5.0 + my Nsw300 yamaha sub.

I would rather get some pre loved hardware but not sure where to look for it. Olx and Facebook marketplace is filled of generic overpriced stuff. Any recommendations?
You can audition the following if you have a Yamaha dealer in your location
1. Yamaha towers 8390 for front L/R
2. Yamaha NSP51 for center and surround
This are decent budget speakers
Regards

Taga Harmony 606 v3 is a good budget speaker system. Add a good subwoofer later. Don't go with basic subs, their impact is very less and boomy sound.

Add Polk audio to the list.
Polk signature series you mean?

So how does this sound:
1. Avr (Denon 1500h) from EU for around 28k
2. Bookshelves and center for LCR (QA 30xx series or something equivalent)
3. Use my current Ns SW300 for now

Any recommendations?

If you are planning to 'create' an HT system an HTIB might limit your future upgradeability. So you are either stuck with it for a long time to derive ROI or start from scratch when time comes to upgrade.
I would suggest as many have earlier, get on with one component at a time. Get your self an AVR and LR or LCR and use it with your subwoofer.

Atleast for electronics - I would suggest - buy from India so you have a valid warranty "unless" denon has worldwide warranty or you might be taking a big gamble with 50% of your budget.

If nothing less than 5.1 will soothe the itch (we have all been there) - at least look for an HTIB like this - https://amzn.to/3SNQxuP
So in the future as and when you start upgrading components, you always have the rest of the setup functional.

Also as you start replacing the LCR - the yamaha LR can go either as height channels or as a second system in the house. If you uggrade the surrounds great, if not you can keep using these. When you upgrade the AVR eventually this can serve as your second room speaker amplifier.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Polk signature series you mean?

So how does this sound:

Any recommendations?
If you can get AVR from UK, keep an eye on AVforums classified section for preowned AVR's. There is 3600H available for sale@under 40k. Here also you can get good discounts on Denon with warranty.

If you can get AVR from UK, keep an eye on AVforums classified section for preowned AVR's. There is 3600H available for sale@under 40k. Here also you can get good discounts on Denon with warranty.

I am indeed checking the classifieds section of AVforums. Thank you for the tip.

Here, the pricing is ridiculous, I am getting quotes if 40-45k for the puny 250bt.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back