HT for the broke!

I am indeed checking the classifieds section of AVforums. Thank you for the tip.

Here, the pricing is ridiculous, I am getting quotes if 40-45k for the puny 250bt.
Of course but now the abroad prices are almost equal to India for most of the categories. Epson TW9400 pricing is excellent in India compare to USA pricing.

Of course but now the abroad prices are almost equal to India for most of the categories. Epson TW9400 pricing is excellent in India compare to USA pricing.
Well, Epson projectors are the only exception I have seen. Otherwise everything is around 40-80% higher priced here.

1600h: 40k in EU, 60+k here
Benq Tk700sti: 81k in EU, 140+k here

Well, Epson projectors are the only exception I have seen. Otherwise everything is around 40-80% higher priced here.

1600h: 40k in EU, 60+k here
Benq Tk700sti: 81k in EU, 140+k here
Here prices are cheaper for some models and some are 20-30% more.

SVS PB2000 Pro -92k (USA)/1L (Dubai) in India nearly 20-25% more
Denon 3700H-132K (USA)/135k online-120k offline (Dubai) we can get it atleast 10% less in India.

Hello good people.
So I have almost finalized the video setup (tw7100 or 9400). Now for each of them, a sound bar or htib won't do any justice. But do I have any better option in 60k?

1. Jbl Bar 5.1 (while I like the sound, the reliability and durability is an issue. Once the warranty is over, can conk off with no solution)

2. Denon 250bt + Taga 506 5.0 + my Nsw300 yamaha sub.

I would rather get some pre loved hardware but not sure where to look for it. Olx and Facebook marketplace is filled of generic overpriced stuff. Any recommendations?
I have the JBL 5.1 and using from 2 years. So if you need any info or clarification regarding the product, feel free to ask.
I love the convinience of no wires on this setup but I do miss that it's not upgradable to Atmos.. wish it could be modular like the LG ones.

I have the JBL 5.1 and using from 2 years. So if you need any info or clarification regarding the product, feel free to ask.
I love the convinience of no wires on this setup but I do miss that it's not upgradable to Atmos.. wish it could be modular like the LG ones.
How's the performance for movies and how big is your room, if you don't mind me prying 😝

How's the performance for movies and how big is your room, if you don't mind me prying 😝
Surely great for movies. We reduced going to a theatre as the sound effects are better with these compared to some theatres.
My room is around 3m x 3.5m (Considering the viewing area alone)
Pros:
1. Thundering Bass. My Sofa literally trembles.
2. Excellent Surround (ambience) sounds
3. 4K HDR Passthrough
4. Wireless - Extremely convinient
5. Individual control for Surround and Bass

Cons:
1. No Dynamic range compression except with DTS
2. No separate control for Mids and it could have been slightly better for sure
3. Interference with 5Ghz Wifi in some channels
4. Surrounds have to be charged

Happy to share anytime :)

Last edited:
Surely great for movies. We reduced going to a theatre as the sound effects are better with these compared to some theatres.
My room is around 3m x 3.5m (Considering the viewing area alone)
Pros:
1. Thundering Bass. My Sofa literally trembles.
2. Excellent Surround (ambience) sounds
3. 4K HDR Passthrough
4. Wireless - Extremely convinient
5. Individual control for Surround and Bass

Cons:
1. No Dynamic range compression except with DTS
2. No separate control for Mids and it could have been slightly better for sure
3. Interference with 5Ghz Wifi in some channels
4. Surrounds have to be charged

Happy to share anytime :)
Lovely. I rem the demo I took 2 years ago and I was indeed impressed by the rumbling bass. I am still surprised that to get similar low end performance, I need to spend a similar amount just for the subwoofer.

Polk signature series you mean?

So how does this sound:
1. Avr (Denon 1500h) from EU for around 28k
2. Bookshelves and center for LCR (QA 30xx series or something equivalent)
3. Use my current Ns SW300 for now

Any recommendations?
They have differnt models from sub satelites to towers. Most of them are best suited for movies. You can select as per requirement after demo.

How big is your room?
From your listings I liked the Q acoustics combo and taga combo. Since you already have a sub, you can buy a better sub later.
Get a bookshelf now and lter you can put the bookshelf on the rear and upgrade to a floorstander. If you want a floorstander now, get something like Taga 806F.

How big is your room?
From your listings I liked the Q acoustics combo and taga combo. Since you already have a sub, you can buy a better sub later.
Get a bookshelf now and lter you can put the bookshelf on the rear and upgrade to a floorstander. If you want a floorstander now, get something like Taga 806F.
The room is around 420 Sq feet. I am thinking of moving the Taga floor standers (806f), center (806c) and surrounds (806s) to the big living room and get the Q Acoustics package (2 x 3020i, 2 x 3010i and 1 x 3090c) to the 180 sqfeet bedroom instead. How does this sound?

The room is around 420 Sq feet. I am thinking of moving the Taga floor standers (806f), center (806c) and surrounds (806s) to the big living room and get the Q Acoustics package (2 x 3020i, 2 x 3010i and 1 x 3090c) to the 180 sqfeet bedroom instead. How does this sound?
My guess is that the Q acoustics package will have sound quality while the Taga package will have the authority. However, 806C can be a weak link in that package.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back