ht or stereo

pankajsehgal

Hi friends. I'am looking to get a receiver which is good for ht and audio. My main interest is music and maybe once in a while i'll watch a movie too. Someone suggested Denon 1910. More suggestions r more than welcome. My budget for the same is about 30k.
Thanks

Hi,

You cannot get an AVR that does the best justice to movies and music at that time. You might have to invest in quite a bit to get the best in both areas. I own a Denon 1910 which is an overall good performer, but again I have recently learnt that by experimenting that stereo setup is the best for music, even a entry level stereo would beat a mid-range AVR in music.

So, depending on your preference, you can first start with an AVR or stereo and then add the other thing on an incremental basis.

The same issue has been discussed thoroughly before and lot of experts have rendered their opinions on this topic, pls search through threads.

Cheers!

My main interest is music and maybe once in a while i'll watch a movie too

You might want to stick with a quality integrated amp if the above defines your priority. Guess someone here is selling his relatively new NAD amp (?) or else you can check out the forum for suitable suggestions.

Happy hunting.

You might want to stick with a quality integrated amp if the above defines your priority. Guess someone here is selling his relatively new NAD amp (?) or else you can check out the forum for suitable suggestions.

Happy hunting.

Op,
As others before me have said, go for an stereo integrated amp if music is your priority.
I have an AVR doing music duty for me and I can tell you it cant move you the way a stereo amp, even the most basic one, does!
If you still want 5.1 for movies, get a sub sat combo separateley.
It all depends on where you are willing to copromise!:)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back