HT Room setup - looking for help

govindp

Hi guys!

I'm planning for a dedicated HT room. I have been reading various threads and have got lots of inputs from this site. This is a six months project starting from today:)

Some initial details:
1. Room size - 19' X 14 ' X 10'
2. I have Yamaha RX V 661 AVR
3. Speakers - Wharfedale 9.5 pair for front, planning to use 9.1 pair for rear, need to buy a center speaker and sub... mostly will be wharfe's..
4. Need to deicde on a projector... will come back for some suggestions later... may be panasonic AX200E.. not sure at this time...
5. Planning to spend some money on acoustics - planning to use only natural materials like woodwool boards...

I'm currently looking for suggestions regarding projector screen and TV placement for my planning purpose. I'm thinking of 100" screen on teh wall (DIY kind of stuff). My plan for plasma/lcd to be a placed on a movable shelf that will be placed infront of the screen on the wall. When I use the projector(mostly for movies and for some important programs on dish), TV shelf will have to be pushed aside. Wanted to check:
1. if anyone has a similar setup and how they have done it.
2. is this a bad idea? should I consider mount the TV on teh wall and "pull down" screen so that it will come in front of TV?
3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:D

Pushinn/pulling the TV out/in of its position everytime you want to use the PJ screen will be a hassle, think of the wires attached to the tv etc. As suggested above, mount the tv on the wall and mount the PJ on the ceiling 1ft away from the tv wall. I am assuming the screen can be retracted as and when required.

skumar is right, moving a tv will be a problem. Especially the wiring.

Since your projection screen will be DIY, I am assuming yours will be a fixed frame screen. I think you should look at installing a "Flat panel TV lift". I have seen these advertised in AV Max.

All the Best for your project:)

Thanks for the suggestions, Sudhir, Skumar and Sathosh! I guess, I will settle down for the simple option of TV mounted on wall and pull-down screen for PJ in front of the TV... Looks to be a safe option:)

Santhosh, I was quite impressed with your thred on HTroom setup..You are doing a great work:clapping: I have been following it up from the beginning and have been seeing all the updates. Surely, your setup is influencing me a lot!! hope i can pm you with some specific queries...

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions, Sudhir, Skumar and Sathosh! I guess, I will settle down for the simple option of TV mounted on wall and pull-down screen for PJ in front of the TV... Looks to be a safe option:)

Santhosh, I was quite impressed with your thred on HTroom setup..You are doing a great work:clapping: I have been following it up from the beginning and have been seeing all the updates. Surely, your setup is influencing me a lot!! hope i can pm you with some specific queries...

Thanks!

Thanks Govind. Feel free to PM or call me anytime after 5 during weekdays(my office is a no-mobile zone). I have PMed you my mobile number.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back