HT Setup with TV / Projector

I guess it won't make much difference until you trying to attach 200W Speakers to this AVR. Technically the output would be doubled; for example this AVR is 100W RMS and can drive 200W Speakers without blowing up if Bi-Amped, Others says Bi-Amping will improve frequency responsibly i.e. deeper bass, i won't know it unless i am audiophile.

Guru,
Nice setup.
You have mentioned that Front speakers are Bi-amped.
Please give your feedback whether it is worth doing.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nice and neat set up as everybody mentioned. Thanks. I wonder where you use "HDMI Switcher: HDMI 4x2 True Matrix Switcher" which you have mentioned in the list of gadgets. Please explain its use and the cost

Since i have both TV and Projector, I use HDMI Switcher to redirect one of 4 HDMI inputs to either Projector or TV.

For example I can use switcher to redirect PS3 HDMI input on port 3 to either Projector (Out1) or TV (Out2).

It costed me $95 back in 2009 i.e. about Rs 4500, it does have IR remote as well.

Amazon.com: Cable Matters 4x2 Matrix for HDMI (4 HDMI Inputs, 2 HDMI Outputs): Electronics

Nice and neat set up as everybody mentioned. Thanks. I wonder where you use "HDMI Switcher: HDMI 4x2 True Matrix Switcher" which you have mentioned in the list of gadgets. Please explain its use and the cost

Thanks Guru. It seems Onkyo receiver does not have multiple HDMI In and Out. How's the PQ when you connect WD media player to PJ via Onkyo AVR? I'm having problems with PQ when I connect my HTPC to PJ via my Yamaha receiver. When I connect HTPC directly to PJ the PQ seems to be okay but it is via receiver the PQ is horrible. I'm also thinking of buying one HDMI splitter which I want to connect to my HTPC to send 2 signals, one to PJ directly for video and other to receiver for audio. Is it feasible?

The picture quality is top noch 1080p and is flawless when I connect WD to PJ or TV via HDMI Switcher.

For your case: I would suspect PQ culprit is your HTPC or the drivers related to it. I Suggest use same setup and try with other HDMI enabled device such as PS3 / Blu Ray or DVD player, If you still have issues with PQ then next step to look into your AVR. Do let me know the result.

Thanks Guru. It seems Onkyo receiver does not have multiple HDMI In and Out. How's the PQ when you connect WD media player to PJ via Onkyo AVR? I'm having problems with PQ when I connect my HTPC to PJ via my Yamaha receiver. When I connect HTPC directly to PJ the PQ seems to be okay but it is via receiver the PQ is horrible. I'm also thinking of buying one HDMI splitter which I want to connect to my HTPC to send 2 signals, one to PJ directly for video and other to receiver for audio. Is it feasible?

very nice setup! Wife must be happy :)
Can you share the details of how have you bi-amped? Do these speaker allow you to bypass crossover and connect directly to different drivers? I guess you used crossover of the receiver to send different freq ranges.

My Onkyo receiver is 7.2 and my set up is 5.1, I have used spare/free two outputs of back surround channels to bi-amp i.e. connection for left surround back goes to front left and right surround goes to front right. In order to take advantage to this I made sure AVR is set for Bi-amp which can be done easily via menu options.

These speakers do allow to send HF and LF , So have connected Surround backs to HF Connecters on speaker and Fronts to LF connector on speaker.

very nice setup! Wife must be happy :)
Can you share the details of how have you bi-amped? Do these speaker allow you to bypass crossover and connect directly to different drivers? I guess you used crossover of the receiver to send different freq ranges.

The picture quality is top noch 1080p and is flawless when I connect WD to PJ or TV via HDMI Switcher.

For your case: I would suspect PQ culprit is your HTPC or the drivers related to it. I Suggest use same setup and try with other HDMI enabled device such as PS3 / Blu Ray or DVD player, If you still have issues with PQ then next step to look into your AVR. Do let me know the result.

Guru, when I connect my HTPC directly to PJ, the PQ is good but when I connect via receiver its horrible. I tried doing so with my Sony BD player as well but got same result in fact even worse. I think I need to do change some settings of receiver. I have WD media player as well I will try with that. At the moment I'm out of town on business tour I will try when I get back home and let you know the result.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back