HT Setup with TV / Projector

guruthebond

Hello Guys,

Here is my setup of home theatre; I have build this setup in last 4 years. I started off with Pioneer VSX-1017TVX 7.1 with Onkyo SL-107 and 6 JA Audio Dual Cube + 1 Bose Center. Setup was quite nice for HT Movies but was not musical at all. So I decided to sell my old stuff and got Onkyo 7.2 Receiver with Wharfdale Speakers. Was planning to by a new 46 LED TV but asked my brother to get Full HD Projector instead which costed lot less than LED TV

TV: Samsung Series 4 32 LCD
Surround Speakers: JA Audio Dual Cube 3.5 (Wall Mounted)
Center: Wharfdale CS 9
Fronts: Wharfdale Diamond 9.5 (BI-Amped)
AV Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 with Wifi Dongle (UWF-1)
Subwoofer: Onkyo SL-107 150W Amp
Projector: Epson Powerlite HD8100 Full HD (3LCD)
Projector Screen: Optoma 16:9 , 106 Inches
Satellite Receiver: Tata Sky HD
Step Down transformer: 1 KVA
HDMI Switcher: HDMI 4x2 True Matrix Switcher
UPS: APC 1.1 KVA
Universal Remote: Logitech Harmony One
Media Player: Western Digital TV Live
Gaming Console: PS3
AVR Rack: Custom Made

Regards,
Guru

Attachments

• 001 (Custom).jpg
    001 (Custom).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 002 (Custom).jpg
    002 (Custom).jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 003 (Custom).jpg
    003 (Custom).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 004 (Custom).jpg
    004 (Custom).jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 005 (Custom).jpg
    005 (Custom).jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 278
@ jhakaas ....... classy.
The viewing distance with the Projector looks to be tight though..... and open up the rear portion of the rack holding the AVR for better ventilation.

Last edited:
@avidyarthy; Yes Good suggestion, I would try to open up back side of rack for better ventilation. It gets bit hot due to step down transformer and AVR.

The viewing distance with the Projector looks to be tight though..... and open up the rear portion of the rack holding the AVR for better ventilation.

Yr setup really looks neat and clean ... :yahoo:
And equipment is also great and latest

Can u please share yr room Dimensions and Viewing Distance (viewer to screen)

My query being,,, is it comfortable watching on a 106inch screen from a lesser distance which I suppose from the pics provided by you... Isn't there any strain which we experience while sitting in d first 2-3 rows of a real cinema hall..??

Please share yr experience... Btw hows d performance of the Onkyo SUb and how much did it cost you ??

thanks

Thanks yahoo0212 , Regrading the setup viewing distance, it is 11ft. Well projector are designed not to throw image bigger than recommended. For this distance 106 does good job and have no issues at all. The Max image size for my projector for this distance is 108" :)

Viewing is not like 2nd or 3rd row as you can always pull down the screen more to get better view. Onkyo Sub is i would say OK (it costed me 13k two years back) most of the bass is taken care by Wharfdale tower speakers. This sub is little slow i would want to upgrade them later to Velodyne Impact 10 :) (Some Day).

Note: Lounge type chairs or sofa is recommended for this setup :eek:hyeah:

Yr setup really looks neat and clean ... :yahoo:
And equipment is also great and latest

Can u please share yr room Dimensions and Viewing Distance (viewer to screen)

My query being,,, is it comfortable watching on a 106inch screen from a lesser distance which I suppose from the pics provided by you... Isn't there any strain which we experience while sitting in d first 2-3 rows of a real cinema hall..??

Please share yr experience... Btw hows d performance of the Onkyo SUb and how much did it cost you ??

thanks

Seriously, I love the way your setup and interiors are planned. Simple yet elegant. You are one proud fella now, aren't ya?;)

Best Wishes,
Kevian

I got the screen for Rs9800 6 month back. I have one more motorised screen with me 4:3 5x7 ft , remote thing does not work. But works manually ..i.e direct 220v power... It is gathering dust now ...

Guru,
Nice setup.
You have mentioned that Front speakers are Bi-amped.
Please give your feedback whether it is worth doing.

Thanks.

I need help with finding a way to add headphones to my new toshiba hd lcd model 32DT2U1 it does not have a hole to plug in them.
I am hard of hearing and am desperate to find a way to hook them up.
I read something about an A/V receiver but I only need them for the tv and not all that other stuff.
HELP
bert

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back