HT system for 400-sqft room

bikram_singh

Hi,

I am constructing a 25X15 feet room for my home theater, ceiling height of which would be 11 or 12 feet (is it ok?).

In all probability I may use Marantz NR1504 or Marantz NR1604 as AV receiver, and Epson EH-TW6100 as the projector.

Could you please suggest which all speakers (or HT system) I should use? I am open to build my own system as well. I am new to this and I am as clueless as any noob, so please let me know the models as well.

Let's say you have a budget of around 70K for speakers then what system would you buy or build for such a room?

Please suggest
Thanks
Bikram

Hi

Congratulations on your new setup and HT room. Good choice on the AVR as Marantz definitely rules....You need to decide between a 5.1 or 7.1....most of the movie content is 5.1 and would suggest you to go for the NR 1504....there are Bostons A2310HTS bookshelf package which cost around 37k which would fulfil your needs...both NR 1504 and Bostons A2310HTS you can get for 71k odd on HiFi Mart...

If you are thinking longterm and if you have the budget...got for B&W 600 series HT setup. These work as a breeze on the Marantz...lot of online reviews and videos on performance.....

If budget is an issue, there are other boston models you can consider to make your HT setup more effective...the below setup (speakers only) would come within 70k......

Bookshelfs
Boston Acoustics A 25 Speaker

Floor Standers
Boston Acoustics A 250 Floorstanding Speaker

Center channel
Boston Acoustics A 225C Center Channel Loudspeaker

Subwoofer
Boston Acoustics ASW 650 Subwoofer

Hope this helps

Hi

Congratulations on your new setup and HT room. Good choice on the AVR as Marantz definitely rules....You need to decide between a 5.1 or 7.1....most of the movie content is 5.1 and would suggest you to go for the NR 1504....there are Bostons A2310HTS bookshelf package which cost around 37k which would fulfil your needs...both NR 1504 and Bostons A2310HTS you can get for 71k odd on HiFi Mart...

If you are thinking longterm and if you have the budget...got for B&W 600 series HT setup. These work as a breeze on the Marantz...lot of online reviews and videos on performance.....

If budget is an issue, there are other boston models you can consider to make your HT setup more effective...the below setup (speakers only) would come within 70k......

Bookshelfs
Boston Acoustics A 25 Speaker

Floor Standers
Boston Acoustics A 250 Floorstanding Speaker

Center channel
Boston Acoustics A 225C Center Channel Loudspeaker

Subwoofer
Boston Acoustics ASW 650 Subwoofer

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. And after reading several threads I thought to avoid the idea of HT pakcage, rather make my own. for which I have made the following selection, please let me know what you think of it:

Polk Audio TSx 110B Bookshelf Speaker - Black - Pair
Polk Audio DSW PRO550 Wi 10-Inch High Performance Subwoofer - Black
Polk Audio TSX 250C Centre Channel Speaker - Black- Single
Polk Audio TSx 440T Tower Speaker- Black - Pair

And for receiver I think I may go with:
Denon AVR-X1000 Integrated Network AV Receiver or is it Marantz NR1504 that I should go with?

I think you would need a more powerful AVR. That is quite a big room. Stick to bookshelves and invest in a good sub instead.

I think you would need a more powerful AVR. That is quite a big room. Stick to bookshelves and invest in a good sub instead.

i am going with Denon AVR-X1000. Won't it work? And I going with the following sub:

Polk Audio DSW PRO550 Wi 10-Inch High Performance Subwoofer

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back