HT with a budget of 1.75 L (only the fronts & AVR)

Go for blumenhoffer fun series.best in class.

Your gonna need a budget much higher than 1.75lac for just about any Blumenhofer speaker.

Couple of brands that come to mind, that are more affordable are PSB's and KEF's R series. If the R is too much, the Q300 is a very good option for a bookshelf.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1122k wired to a pair of PSB bookshelves for movies. Both are now outdated. Pioneer's own version of sound calibration called MCACC is very good.

Last edited:
If you are stuck on the 1.75l, then the bang for the buck would be to spend around 1l for the fronts.

My suggestion would be to not go for the AVR's but for a pre plus power combo from Emotiva. But if you are fixed on buying locally, then buy an AVR with pre-outs. This will help you add a power amp later on and yet enjoy all the bells and whistles that a typical AVR gives.

If you are stuck on the 1.75l, then the bang for the buck would be to spend around 1l for the fronts.

My suggestion would be to not go for the AVR's but for a pre plus power combo from Emotiva. But if you are fixed on buying locally, then buy an AVR with pre-outs. This will help you add a power amp later on and yet enjoy all the bells and whistles that a typical AVR gives.

Which Emotiva model would you suggest that is reasonably priced?

Last edited:
That is a very good list of speakers you have auditioned. Would have loved to read your comments on each or them. And I think you are on right track with the PSBs

But back to your AVR query, h ave you gotten a chance to try out the Yamaha Aventage series? Gotten really good reviews

Same for Pioneer LX-57. Again very good reviews and in your budget

Of the above listed speakers my preference will be Dali Ikon or Dali Zensor 7 .You have a very good budget on this.
Regarding AVR u can go either with Denon or Marantz or Yamaha

Hi guys. I started as an utterly confused soul eager to build a HT. Reading through this forum, research on google etc. confused me to the core. But at the same time the knowledge of the fellow FMs, detailed discussions on this forum and auditioning real time has helped me tremendously in clearing some air.:p And i seem to be at the verge of making a decision and need your desperate help in taking the plunge.:sos:

My requirement: A good home theater in the long run that shall sound good for Music as well.
Preference: Movies/Tata Sky (TV) - 60-70%, Music - 30-40%
Room size: 10 Ft by 18 Ft, seating area opening into dining area + Kitchen (more of an L shape)
Budget: Rs. 1 Lakh for Front Floor Standing Speakers, Rs 50-75k for AVR
Plan: Plan is to initially setup the fronts + AVR, and few months later add the Centre+Sub+Surrounds

Below is the list of speakers that i've auditioned so far:
JBL Studio 270
Polk TSX550
Polk RTI A7
Kef Q700
Dali Zensor 7
Dali Ikon (don't remember if it was Ikon 5 or Ikon 6)
Klipsch RF 52

I'm quite sure that i may be missing many more in my budget for speakers and would really be grateful if you you could point out which ones. :confused:

Well i loved the PSB Imagine X2Ts that i auditioned just today and plan to go for them but then the confusion is which AVR? :confused: At Music Ranch Bangalore, Mukesh recommended Onkyo TX-NR636 (or higher). Even though i was more inclined towards Denon. But as per him the service of Onkyo is far better than Denon which makes sense practically. Could you pls advise if Onkyo TX-NR737 would be a good choice considering my budget for AVR?:rolleyes: Would it be sufficient to unleash the full potential of PSBs?:rolleyes:

At the same time i'm not able to decide if i shall audition more speakers or simply close the deal on PSBs. Pls help. :sos:

PS: I am not an audiophile but do have a good taste for music & sound quality. :eek:hyeah:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back