HT without floor standings

anilgulati

Hi Guys,
Need advice on setting up a new HT to go with 75"TV in a dedicated room (16' X 14') . Can only accommodate Marantz 1609/1509 due to restriction of height under TV cabinet. Do I go in for a fully matched set or individual speakers? Wifey does not want Floor standing speakers! Not keen on Atmos will go 5.2, for the time being. Budget around 1.25 L including AVR(getting 1509 for about 34K)
Every thought will help!
Cheers!!

Hi Guys,
Need advice on setting up a new HT to go with 75"TV in a dedicated room (16' X 14') . Can only accommodate Marantz 1609/1509 due to restriction of height under TV cabinet. Do I go in for a fully matched set or individual speakers? Wifey does not want Floor standing speakers! Not keen on Atmos will go 5.2, for the time being. Budget around 1.25 L including AVR(getting 1509 for about 34K)
Every thought will help!
Cheers!!

Why limit your room entertainment to the height of TV cabinet?.. For your budget of 1.25L and with a dedicated room, you can look for a 9.2 AVR and comfortably build a 7.2.2 (or) 5.2.4 Atmos layout.. You can still settle for 5.1 set-up with a 9.2 AVR.. Later when you feel the need for overhead speakers, you can just add speakers instead of upgrading the AVR..

More the speakers, better the movie experience feel.. Pioneer LX 303 is a 9.2 AVR costs abt 60K or lesser.. Do check that..

Yes, you can skip the floorstanders and add dual subs for a more satisfying bass..

Why limit your room entertainment to the height of TV cabinet?.. For your budget of 1.25L and with a dedicated room, you can look for a 9.2 AVR and comfortably build a 7.2.2 (or) 5.2.4 Atmos layout.. You can still settle for 5.1 set-up with a 9.2 AVR.. Later when you feel the need for overhead speakers, you can just add speakers instead of upgrading the AVR..

More the speakers, better the movie experience feel.. Pioneer LX 303 is a 9.2 AVR costs abt 60K or lesser.. Do check that..

Yes, you can skip the floorstanders and add dual subs for a more satisfying bass..
But my AVR selection is limited by the Height of the cabinet which is 4.5" and hence the Manratz 1609!
What 5.1 or 7.1 speakers to buy in that range?

But my AVR selection is limited by the Height of the cabinet which is 4.5" and hence the Manratz 1609!

If you have already bought the Marantz NR 1609, then fine.. Otherwise, what i meant was to not to limit your AVR choices based on your limitation.. Is there any space beside the rack, on the floor you can keep the AVR?..

What 5.1 or 7.1 speakers to buy in that range?

This will depend on the budget you have after you have considered / re-considered the model..

Consider Taga Harmony Platinum range of speakers as one among your choices for it is affordably priced..

It is better not to install AV receiver in the 4.5" height space you got. Marantz 1609 height is 4.2 inches and you don't have sufficient air flow space above. It may get heated up and components may fail sooner or you may end up installing a small fan to cool down the AVR.

Since it is dedicated room, check whether you can have an open AV Rack for installing AV Receiver and other components in a corner or any other suitable place.

Ideally all speakers should be from same series of same brand, if it is difficult at least have LCR from the same series and same brand.
You can build step by step - buy AVR+Front L/R, then add surrounds, then sub, then center, then ceiling etc.

If you are planning to use the setup for 2.0 stereo listening, then consider towers, otherwise you can go with bookshelf speakers as fronts.

If you would like to buy full 5.1 setup with AVR within your budget, you can consider Taga Harmony , Wharfedale type speaker packages along with AVR.

If you want to build a better setup and ready to spend more, then you can buy AVR + SVS Prime bookshelf speakers now, later add SVS Prime Towers, Center, SVS subwoofer etc.

Sorry guys for not responding , had lost my FIL and got busy.
Had a look at KEF T305, suits me as the space is not too much in my room for big floor standers. How is the performance? could not listen to it.
Which AVR with them is best suitable. Will Marantz 1609 work, but the output (50W) seems low? although speakers work from 20-150 W.
Please advise!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back