HTiB or Stereo Setup (with AMP & sub woofer later on)

pulkittt

Hi,

I stumbled upon the forum while researching about speaker systems. I need some advice on buying an audio system for myself.

Usage:
1) Weekly Movies (via Netflix(chromecast) or HDMI (Full HD Prints) or Satellite Movie channels(Tata Sky)) on my 49 inch HD TV (Vu). I feel the TVs audio is not doing justice to the movie experience.
2) Daily listening to music via youtube (chromecast) on TV or on my Bose Soundlink Mini via 3.5mm aux. I feel I am not getting enough audio quality/clarity and low bases are mostly missing. Also, the Bose Soundlink mini is not very loud.

I am looking for a speaker system (not necessarily surround system) which gives a clearer & crisper sound where even the low bases sound good. My budget currently is around 30k. I am looking for something which I can build later as well. The speaker system I researched were:

1) Elac Debut B6.2 : Cnet gives them a good rating. Although I am not able to find them retailing in India (21K). I can try getting it from the US. Can I directly connect it to my TV unit via 3.5 mm jack or do I need an AMP? Will I require a sub. The reviews for this speaker hints that sub is not required.

2) Yamaha YHT 1840: Have already gone through a detailed post. It fits in my budget (30k). But I am ready to incrementally build the audio system for want of a crisper audio.

3) Q Accoustics with Marantz PM6006: https://www.hifimart.com/package-de...ustics-3020i-plus-marantz-pm6006-package.html. This is costing 49k though. Will I require a sub?

Any other system that you would recommend as per the usage I have mentioned above.

Thanks.
Pulkit

If you want to improve TV audio and not keen on a surround setup, then you should go for either Active Speakers from Swan or similar which have built in amp. Or go for a stereo amp with a pair of speakers.

MaSh

Usage:
1) Weekly Movies (via Netflix(chromecast) or HDMI (Full HD Prints) or Satellite Movie channels(Tata Sky)) on my 49 inch HD TV (Vu). I feel the TVs audio is not doing justice to the movie experience.
2) Daily listening to music via youtube (chromecast) on TV or on my Bose Soundlink Mini via 3.5mm aux. I feel I am not getting enough audio quality/clarity and low bases are mostly missing. Also, the Bose Soundlink mini is not very loud.

With many HDMI sources, you are better off with AVR and a pair of speakers to start with.. You can then add components progressively to complete a surround system if you wish.. Else you can stop with just a pair of speakers and add a subwoofer later.. a.k.a 2.1 set-up..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back