HTPC Remote control.

Yeah i did however i was looking for some more options, I have been using this for 2 years now and i think it is one of the best component i bought for my PC:

62630562.jpg

I think this is the best and only choice my friend has :) Looks good to me. Thanks man.

eBay India: Multimedia IR PC Remote Controller with USB Receiver (item 220721407713 end time 17-Jan-2011 23:39:13 IST)

My friend doesnot have PS3 neither do i. Thanks for posting though.
You can use a PS3 Bluray remote if you already have it. Buying a new one may not be the cheapest option.

Shipping will inflate the cost, thanks though Ethen :)
You can find some cheap remote controllers from Ebay.com for as less price as $1 (50 Rs). So u can ask some one coming from US to get one.

Thanks, will get from ebay India.

Last edited:
Yeah i did however i was looking for some more options, I have been using this for 2 years now and i think it is one of the best component i bought for my PC:

62630562.jpg

I think this is the best and only choice my friend has :) Looks good to me. Thanks man.

eBay India: Multimedia IR PC Remote Controller with USB Receiver (item 220721407713 end time 17-Jan-2011 23:39:13 IST)

My friend doesnot have PS3 neither do i. Thanks for posting though.

Shipping will inflate the cost, thanks though Ethen :)

Thanks, will get from ebay India.
Buddy , will it be supportive in Window7 & can we control VLC player & winamp with this

Yes buddy, i use it with Windows 7 and windows media center, never tried playing VLC or winamp with it though.. sorry, maybe others can answer that for you.
Buddy , will it be supportive in Window7 & can we control VLC player & winamp with this

Thanks a lot buddy. This surely helps.
If you are willing to wait for about a month, you can chk out this
DealExtreme: $8.96 Driver-free Universal USB IR Media Remote Controller for PC (2*AAA)

I've been using this for almost two years now
It works wonderfully well for the cheap price(around Rs.450 max)
They have free international delivery so the price is all inclusive
It takes anywhere from 2weeks to a month to arrive

The one I posted is very handy & can be easily config with any player which has hotkey options.I use with foobar,vlc,MP...

The good old Lenovo n5901 has been updated to the n5902.

Hands On: Lenovo Multimedia Remote w/Keyboard (N5902) - YouTube

Available for $39.99 now on the Lenovo website, with $40.00 discount. (It is $54.99 on Amazon). I think the discount is going to be a temporary thing, but don't hold me to it heh, heh.

Updates I could make out:
- The Keyboard is now backlit.
- Physical Trackball swapped with Blackberry-like trackpad.
- Vertical scrolling area on grip.
- Matte finish (the piano finish in the n5901 is a fingerprint magnet).
- Left/Right button positions changed (integrated with KB bezel). {Not sure how good this is}

Wondering if I should sell my n5901 and pick one of these up. :confused:
The current exchange rate is not really conducive to a positive action. :(

Last edited:
The good old Lenovo n5901 has been updated to the n5902.
Available for $39.99 now on the Lenovo website, with $40.00 discount. (It is $54.99 on Amazon). I think the discount is going to be a temporary thing, but don't hold me to it heh, heh.

Wondering if I should sell my n5901 and pick one of these up. :confused:
The current exchange rate is not really conducive to a positive action. :(

I tried ordering it but after checkout both paypal and Amazon options give me "content not found or you dont have rights to see it." Lenovo sales option is a US only web form.

How did you order yours?

--G0bble

^^ I didn't buy it. Was only thinking of buying it to replace my n5901.

Looks like the offer is US only. That kind of settles my doubt as to whether I should buy it at all. :(

Do you have an ShopnShip account? If you give the ShopnShip US address it might work.
(Sometime back I bought a Chord Cable from amazon.co.uk, and the system let me buy it only after I gave the ShopnShip UK address as shipping address).

The n5902 is available on ebay.com, but at the higher price $54.95 :(

The n5901 (the first gen one) is available on eBay.in.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back