HTS + WD Player + Bravia S37

rahulranjit

Hi

I wish to buy my first HTS.I have Sony Bravia 37" S series LCD TV (HD Ready) and WD HD TV Player. The model in my mind is Sony DAV-DZ777.
I am not sure about the sound, as I didnt visit any stores yet, but it looks good with floor standing speakers and all :)

Main use is to play HD Rips (720p with DTS/AC3 sound) stored in Seagate 1TB/MyPassport 160GB Ext HDs using WD Player and DVDs from HT DVD Player.This HTS model doesnt have an HDMI In, so have to connect WD directly to TV. HTS can decode DTS if Optical out of WD Player is connected to it right ?

As per the site the price of D777 is around 25K. So Is it a wise choice ? I went through some posts in this forum but I am a complete newbie in this field. Please help !

Regards
Rahul

Last edited:
We do recommend ONK3200 for same price which is flexible system,even powerful that Sony.

1. Yes, it will be able to decode DTS via Optical In

2. Stay away from Sony, its just a looker not performer. Audition Philips and Onkyo for the same price point and you will get much better sound.

Now, search the threads for discussion on HTiB models and post if you have any specific questions

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back