Huge surrounds for a small room !! can't live with them for long though....

Naveenbnc

Hey Guys... Some of us might have already fedup listening Ahuja stuff :D:D

But just to see how they perform....I made surrounds with 12" Ahuja full range.

But when I mount them....they look too huge on my small wall. Just finished mounting them. Yet to check how they perform.

I'm sure my wife will go crazy when she comes from office :(:(

IMG_20181030_120918.jpg

Screenshot_2018-10-30-12-07-46-959_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Few reasons for using Ahuja FR.

1. They are cheap, and easily available.
2. They fill the room with ease. So I'm expecting some surround sounds may sound dynamic..... Like the climax scene in blade runner, where there is a fight in the ocean, with lot of tides.
3. They are high sensitive. So any basic AVR can easily drive them.

Ofcourse there are So many shortcomings. They are mounted like OB without enough space behind the driver. It's a compromise. I'm ok with that for testing.

For a few months I can use them....till I build some compact surrounds. May be with 4, 6 or 8" drivers.

Last edited:

But just to see how they perform....I just made surrounds with 12" Ahuja full range.

But when I mount them....they look too huge on my small wall. Just finished mounting them. Yet to check how they perform.

Try using it as heights.. You would get better overheads.. Think can easily fill the room..

Put a nice painting over them, make it look like nice art. You wont be kicked out of the house.

Unfortunately, good sound and size go together. You have a wide and shallow baffle that tames the rear reflection, the driver is so close to the rear wall that both are inseparable, so with measurement and EQ you can improve further.

Put a nice painting over them, make it look like nice art. You wont be kicked out of the house.

Unfortunately, good sound and size go together. You have a wide and shallow baffle that tames the rear reflection, the driver is so close to the rear wall that both are inseparable, so with measurement and EQ you can improve further.

Initially I taught of painting a good scenary on them....but time constraints !!! Just went ahead with Matt red car wrap. Now I can add some good design stickering around the driver.... May be a few butterfly stickers available. They may look good too....:D

Some flaws are surely there in terms of distance from the wall etc. But I don't have much choice. I'll do whatever little tweeks possible to make it sound better.

Try using it as heights.. You would get better overheads.. Think can easily fill the room..

Actually I got a crazy idea of making a single shallow box "L shaped". I taught of mounting both the surround driver and Atmos driver in it.

I mean, the box starts on the side wall....and goes up, and bends at the ceiling. But later I felt it's too much. The reason is, my false ceiling won't allow any heavy speakers to mount on it.

With an L shaped large box, I can hang it on my side wall, and it will go all the way to the top and hold the Atmos driver too. But any way....I felt it's too crazy and unnecessary. So I left that idea :p

Actually I got a crazy idea of making a single shallow box "L shaped". I taught of mounting both the surround driver and Atmos driver in it.

I mean, the box starts on the side wall....and goes up, and bends at the ceiling. But later I felt it's too much. The reason is, my false ceiling won't allow any heavy speakers to mount on it.

With an L shaped large box, I can hang it on my side wall, and it will go all the way to the top and hold the Atmos driver too. But any way....I felt it's too crazy and unnecessary. So I left that idea :p

If you make L shaped box, then the surrounds & heights would be very close.. You probably may not be able to distinguish..

If you make L shaped box, then the surrounds & heights would be very close.. You probably may not be able to distinguish..
It will be quite large....may be 5 ft high.
Surrounds will be at ear level, and Atmos will be on the ceiling. This Ahuja driver is suitable for large enclosures basically. So I thought this large L shaped box will be beneficial that way too...but as I said it will be too much work....and moreover such a circus is unnecessary basically. :D:D:D

But just to see how they perform....I made surrounds with 12" Ahuja full range.

View attachment 31448

View attachment 31449

are they flush mounted?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back