Humming sound from Philips 242

Hello,

I have a Philips 242 with Sonodyne SCR 2061 Amplifier. Recently it is giving a strong humming sound while playing in full bass or with loud volume level.

I have checked by playing cassette with same speakers + full bass, treble, volume & found no problem. It's only giving humming in case of the turntable.

**I am using ceramic cartridge cheap one.

Hello,

I have a Philips 242 with Sonodyne SCR 2061 Amplifier. Recently it is giving a strong humming sound while playing in full bass or with loud volume level.

I have checked by playing cassette with same speakers + full bass, treble, volume & found no problem. It's only giving humming in case of the turntable.

Grounding is needed

Hello,

Check for grounding. Inside the amplifier too, sometimes the RCA connection solders in the pcb develops cracks which also cause humming.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back