Humming sound

A K Bhattacharjee

Yesterday when I switched on my cd player & amp, a humming sound started coming up. It didn't stopped even after reconnecting the RCA cables or replacing. I observed that the sound becomes more when the body of the player is touched. When RCA connector is touched at the back sound stops for a few seconds then starts again. Volume is substantially decreased during humm. Any advice from experts!

Kindly Tell Brand & Model Number of Your CD Player, Speakers Cable as well as amplifier used. Connect CD Player with another amp & verify weather hum vaniahed. Similarly connectAmp to a different source to rule out weather hum source is amp. Earthing can also cause hum. Non shielded cables catch another magnetic field in vicinity and can cause hum. Bad Capacitors in CD Player as well as amp can initiate hum.

Yesterday when I switched on my cd player & amp, a humming sound started coming up. It didn't stopped even after reconnecting the RCA cables or replacing. I observed that the sound becomes more when the body of the player is touched. When RCA connector is touched at the back sound stops for a few seconds then starts again. Volume is substantially decreased during humm. Any advice from experts!

Humm sound is also caused due to low voltage. Connect it to a stabilizer to see if it goes.

Replace the cables to check. If that is difficult, short a wire from your amp chassis to the cd player chassis at the screws

you can try solution suggested by Hari.
Or
you can try solution posted in my thread. ( connect ground cable from power socket to CD-Player chassis screw ).
Naim Humming noise solution.

Humming is related to grounding.

In my case Marantz nr1509 ( two pin power plug ) -> Pre out to -> Naim Nait 5si ( 3 pin power plug ).

I think in your case CD-Player is two pin power plug and Amp is 3 Pin Power plug.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back