Hyundai Tucson: hooking up two amplifiers to stock headunit ??

audiodelic

HU: Hyundai factory fitted single CD HU
Amplifier i already own : Orion 600D mono , Precision Power DCX1000.4 4 Channel, Pioneer subwoofer

Problem: How to incorporate both these amplifiers to this factory HU does it have pre-outs?
what adapters can i use to convert if no pre outs?
Basically what are my options in this regard ?

Phase 1: i just want to install the mono subwoofer amp, single subwoofer and keep existing stock speakers and HU ..... Doable ? comments, advice, tips

satish

Amplifier i already own : Orion 600D mono , Precision Power DCX1000.4 4 Channel, Pioneer subwoofer

Problem: How to incorporate both these amplifiers to this factory HU does it have pre-outs?

Phase 1: i just want to install the mono subwoofer amp, single subwoofer and keep existing stock speakers and HU ..... Doable ? comments, advice, tips

satish

Hi Satish,
The factory fitted HU should atleast have a single pre out, maybe not a second dedicated sub woofer out like in the new Pioneers.
Still its best to take your car to any good installer and remove the HU and check out for your self
Also If i am not wrong all power amps have a line out by which you can connect a second amp to it.
So if we consider that you have single pre out on your head unit, you can connect it to the 4 channel amp and then the monobloc to the 4 channel amp

Same if you want to just install a sub with your monobloc. Just connect the monobloc to the pre out.

I have no idea what should be done if your factory fitted HU does not have any pre-outs. Again a good installer would be the best person to answer.

I hope this info is of any help to you

Do keep us posted and let us know what the installer has to say if you visit one

satish

I'm not sure if your HU will have a pre out? if it's a flush mounted HU it's unlikely that it'll have one. But pl check with your installer

If you don't then you can always use the spk line inputs in your amp. You can also use JL audio's clean sweep or rockford fosgate's 3SIXTY signal processors, both of which should be costly options.

As for phase one- I would advice against it as it. It could be doable through a convertor that gets a sub out from a stereo line level output. Such convertors never pass a good & stable signal.

All the best.
Cheers

interesting question. I too wanted to upgrade the speakers and add a subwoofer to my tucson. But no luck it seems. you cant do anything without changing the head unit it seems(speakers possible). And no other upgrade HU will have the same simple and functional interface. I tried many shops, but no one is agreeing to my idea of upgrading without changing the factory fitted HU. If you find a way let me know too.

I'm not sure if your HU will have a pre out? if it's a flush mounted HU it's unlikely that it'll have one. But pl check with your installer

If you don't then you can always use the spk line inputs in your amp. You can also use JL audio's clean sweep or rockford fosgate's 3SIXTY signal processors, both of which should be costly options.

As for phase one- I would advice against it as it. It could be doable through a convertor that gets a sub out from a stereo line level output. Such convertors never pass a good & stable signal.

All the best.
Cheers

Never knew about those options, as I said i am not that up to date with the products in the market.
So thanks a lot for informing me as well. :)

Cheers

Neo, I am not sure about this but wont all monoblocs have a low pass filter?
So in that case why would be a converter be needed? or am i missing something here?

Hey! Rikhav the convertor takes the spk level inputs & splits them for one line for the sub which then goes to the mono amp. The other ends go to the spk to be driven by the HU amp.

Satish-I normally do not like such products.
I feel you have a good set of amps, but your sub is'nt up to the mark. IMO you'll not be satisfied with just the phase one. You'll have to change your spk as well if you add the sub.

I feel hold on to your amps till you can install better matching spks & woofers.
Till then keep things simple & let them as they are. It's best not create a mismatch.

If you've read the thread's on the mp3 car. There's a quote saying ' do it right or don't do it at all '. I would take that advice.

All the best.
Cheers

Hey Neo
Thanks again for explaining me the working of the converter

And I totally agree with you. Satish has some very good amps but the factory fitted speakers and the Pioneer are not doing justice to them

Hey! If you still want to go ahead with phase one. Something that occured to me but i'm not sure if it'll work is, may be you can pull a parallel line form the spk level out in your HU & feed it to your mono amp. But pl check with you installer if this will work.

All the best.
Cheers.

All i need is a little more low end. I am somewhat satisfied with the quality if the stock HU/speakers. In due time im gonna see what my options are.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back