I am done with Rethm Saadhanas

prem

Hi Guys

I am moving up to the Rethm Saadhana 2. This version has one more woofer in the sub section and more amplifier power. The bass now goes down to about 28-30 Hz. In the earlier model the bass went down to about 35 Hz. Will be getting my new speakers end of next week.

Seems like a worthwhile upgrade. Best of luck with the setup etc.

What plans for the old pair?

Hi Jai and Stevieboy

Sold my earlier Saadhanas along with my DeHavilland amps.

which amp do you currently have? i faintly remember a low power option and a different tube from the dehavillands but it eludes me right now.

Still using the Rethm amp Prem? It must be quite well paired with the Saadhanas for you to sell the DeHavillands ...

Hi Jai and Stevieboy

I use the Gaanam amp from Rethm. Its a integrated SET in ultralinear mode. Uses a pair of Tungsol 6550 NOS tubes. The Gaanam mates with the Saadhanas very well. The Dehavillands are more versatile since they are 30 watters. The Dehavillands throw a bigger soundstage but the Gaanam edges it out on clarity.

Thanks Audio_Engr. Will look at the Esoteric upgrade. My only concern was when i spoke to the Esoteric tech support they clearly told me that if the unit is upgraded they will not touch it and that all service commitments will have to be taken from the modder.

Hi Prem,

Congratulations. Apart from reaching down in bass, what other improvements you expect from the Saadhna 2's?

If possible, I'd like to have a listen next time I am in Bombay. I had a wonderful time last time. If you ever come to Kolkata, give me a buzz. But keep in mind, compared to yours, my set up is really modest at best.

Regards.

Hi Guys

I am moving up to the Rethm Saadhana 2. This version has one more woofer in the sub section and more amplifier power. The bass now goes down to about 28-30 Hz. In the earlier model the bass went down to about 35 Hz. Will be getting my new speakers end of next week.

i had a little heart-attack when i read the title of the post!

congrats ! and hope you have many years of enjoyment with the 2s

Yeah, the title sounds like Prem is throwing up his hands in exasperation and saying I have had enough of these Rethms!
Congrats Prem! Speakers delivered?

Thanks Suri and iaudio. The speakers will be coming next weekend.

Asit, you are most welcome to drop in any time. According to Jacob, there is more linearity in the bass compared to his previous design.I expect more dynamics in the bass when the recording calls for. If i come to Cacutta, i will definitely drop in for a listen. I enjoy listening to music. The system is just the means.

Finally the speakers have arrived. Needs quite a bit of break in but initial listening tells me the bass is going to be very different. Goes deeper and lower.

Finally the speakers have arrived. Needs quite a bit of break in but initial listening tells me the bass is going to be very different. Goes deeper and lower.

HEHEHE !! Prem -

your deliverance at the hands of the audio gods - is at hand!

enjoy!

Thanks Suri. Today even the audio gods need to see money before they descend

Congrats Prem on your upgrade to Rethm Saadhanas
How many watts is the Gaanam amp from Rethm?

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4

Thanks Heliumflight and CM Sajith

Will post pictures soon. The Gaanam is a 13-14 watter SET in ultralinear mode.

aha! congrats prem!!! will look forward to a review and nice big luscious pictures when you settle down with them. all the best with your new toys :) i shall try and come over for a listen when i come to bombay. i remember you stay in bandra someplace right?

regards

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back