ICE for i10 ~

vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Hi ice folks:

Budget max 10k. For HU this is what am getting - Pioneer DEH-112E CD. Now, for front compos and rear-door speakers, please suggest with price, and good installer in Chennai.

front compos
JBL GGTO 608c
(4950 with bill about 3800 without)

rear doors speakrs
JBL 652 or 653 6inch co axials
12oo in gry and 2500 with bill

front compos
JBL GGTO 608c
(4950 with bill about 3800 without)

rear doors speakrs
JBL 652 or 653 6inch co axials
12oo in gry and 2500 with bill

Can't see those models in jbl india site, any idea where i can get them in Chennai and a good installer ?

Can't see those models in jbl india site, any idea where i can get them in Chennai and a good installer ?

the following are freely availble in INdia
JBL Car & Marine Audio

JBL Car & Marine Audio
if the 652 is not availble get the 653

as for installers
umm illhave to get back to you about that.
just make sure thatyour installer has installed a component speaker before
(most of the time they mess up- see the crossover you will know what imtalking about)
the HU/amp first needs tobe connected to the Xover
then Xover is connected to the woofer in the front door and the tweeter(wherever you want)- but you knew that already!

anyway and authorised JBL shop in chennai should do a decent job

for that google sahil international they will probably tell you about thier contactin chennai

Magma -

Pioneer DEH-110E
JBL GT5-S265C - comps
JBL GT5-S265 - rear

I spoke the JBL guy here in Chennai, he said, the model you gave would be nice with an amp for the compos, so he suggested the above, only driven by HU. Are the above ones okay or the model you suggested would be fine with HU also ?

Magma -

Pioneer DEH-110E
JBL GT5-S265C - comps
JBL GT5-S265 - rear

I spoke the JBL guy here in Chennai, he said, the model you gave would be nice with an amp for the compos, so he suggested the above, only driven by HU. Are the above ones okay or the model you suggested would be fine with HU also ?

vinod i will just do my research on the above models
are you sure about those model nos?

265 series by JBL ive not heard of

do you mean the 652 ?
generally JBL model nos are explained like this

6denotes size of speaker (i.e 6 icnhes) 2 denotes it 2 way and 5 is the current series of JBL ( currentlys JBL GT is in its 5th seies)

if you do mean 652 and not 265 ?

then the choices
GT5 - S650C compos-(front doors)
JBL Car & Marine Audio
and
GT5 - 652 co axials ( for rear doors)
JBL Car & Marine Audio

are fine
but please do note these speakers should be cheaper than the GTO series ive recommended earlier

(on another note: the installer is partly right about the components and partly wrong. yes the GTO series compos namely the 608c that ive recommnded would be absolutely lovely with an amp.
but even without an amp they should work very well with the HU considering these are 2ohm speakers compared to the 4 ohms in the GT5 series. the 2 ohm will present a heavy load but will play louder)

man the india JBL guys are either dumb or JBL has started a new model no ive not heard of ( this is highly unlikely)

vinod i have myself bought and installed for a friend what i recommnded for you

nway actaully wha the india JBL site advertises is the same as my recomndation
only the model no. is different
i think its a mistake

then the choices
GT5 - S650C compos-(front doors) = JBL GT5-S265C - comps

and
GT5 - 652 co axials ( for rear doors) = JBL GT5-S265 - rear

for illuison audio if you want only HU and never plan for an amp
and if you like the illusion flavour they are my most favorite speakers ( ofcourse i love the carbon series)

nway get these
EL 62 coxials for the front doors

and
ground zero coaxials for the rears
Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.
OR
Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.

the illusions will provide the clear mids and treble
the GZ will give you the bass

i would not recomend you use any component speaker sets from this brand since they will do well only with an AMP

magma-

The HU is Pioneer DEH-110E, can they drive the JBL and Illusion speakers mentioned ?

Last edited:
yes davicd the recommended speakers will go with this model pioneer cd receiver

however i hopr you know that by buying this reciever you have sealed your fate and cannot think of upgrading/ adding an amp in your setup since this reciever has no RCA outs
(though ampingis possible using line level inputs i dont recommend it)

magma-

Right indeed. But, the above system is for my parent's new i10, they want a clear-sounding decent system, so amp, etc., is out of the picture.

@Vinod.
An amp if set properly can make your system decent sounding then the amp of your head unit. A decent amp costs arnd 5-10k & IMO it's a must if you want clean sound.

For entry level head units i'll stick to the kenwood 5039 or an alpine. Pioneer to sounds very bright.
All the best
Cheers

@vinod

Ist are you thinking of getting basic ICE stuff from abroad!
Dude its completely not worth the trouble of getting anything from abraod for this kind of budget

Also 45pounds sterling for the JBL 5 incher! you will get it cheaper in india with bll and warranty and if you buy in grey ( which is what the speaker basically becomes when you get it from abraod) it will be almost half the price

Secondly both speakers are 5 inchers.
i would highly advice you to at least get 1 6 incher in these for some half decent bass

get the GTO 607c or 608c or even the Gt5 s650 c - in grey they will cost you only between 3.5k and 2.8k

as neo has suggested if youve not got the pioneer deck as yet we advice you to get either another model or the brand/ model suggested above
if you havent got the HU , please give us a budget. well try and advice you something better

get the ground zero 6 inchers i adviced they will probably cost 3.5 k with discount

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back