Ideal viewing distance for LED

girish_sutar

Hello Everyone,

I am upgrading from my current LCD of 32 inches and wanted a bigger screen for cinema experience. What I am looking for a 48 inches LED, however when I tell the sales guys about my viewing distance 7.5ft, they say that you should not go beyond 42 inches.

I did some research on the internet for the ideal viewing distance and few of the websites do recommend 48 to 50 inches -

Optimum HDTV viewing distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science
TV Viewing Distance Calculator: What Screen Size To Buy?

I also tried to search for some threads on this forum however could not get any info, so thought of opening a new thread.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Girish

If you were to watch 1080p uncompressed video like Bluray discs all the time I am sure you will be very happy viewing 48 inch screen from 7 feet. But if you will watch standard definition content or even compressed HD video like DTH you could be bothered by compression artifacts or blurry picture resulting from upscaling.

Hello Everyone,

I am upgrading from my current LCD of 32 inches and wanted a bigger screen for cinema experience. What I am looking for a 48 inches LED, however when I tell the sales guys about my viewing distance 7.5ft, they say that you should not go beyond 42 inches.

I did some research on the internet for the ideal viewing distance and few of the websites do recommend 48 to 50 inches -

Optimum HDTV viewing distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science

I also tried to search for some threads on this forum however could not get any info, so thought of opening a new thread.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Girish

here check out this link...

for your viewing distance i would suggest 40/42 inches if you watch only hd...if you watch a lot of sd then 32 inches would be the ideal size....you should understand one thing....bigger is not always better.....viewing distance plays an important role in deciding the size of the tv.....moreover both hd and sd channels are heavily compressed(low bitrates) on all dth and the picture is not great on bigger size tvs......so it is better to for a smaller size tv rather than very big ones....

Thanks rakeshchn, zouresh. I agree to your views.

I did a demo with both the formats (SD and HD) and found different in blurry pictures for SD formats on bigger screen.

I was bit confused over the screen size and now I have very clear thoughts about the screen size I should be going for......

This is the best part of this forum, you get unbiased and experienced views :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks once again....:clapping::clapping:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back