IEM <3k

karthick raja

Hi All,
I am looking for IEM's for occasional listening in office. My preference is clear instrument separation & rich details, smooth treble, and tight bass (quality than quantity). I will be using this with my Xolo Q800. I am open to wide range of music. I am looking for only earphone and not headset as some of the headsets are not supported in my mobile.

My take on previous ones :
Soundmagic PL30 :- great soundstage and details but lacks bass and not so comfortable fit.
Creative EP630 :- VFM, still the best one under 1k and superb comfort.
Sony xb30 :- Over boomy bass and sounds just average.

My lists :-
1. Vsonic VSD1/VSD
2. SteelSeries Flux In-Ear
3. Senheiser CX 300
4. Soundmagic E10

Pour your suggestions here.
Thanks.

My vote goes for no 4 on your list. I have not heard the others.

Either 1 or 2 as per your sound signature preference. No. 3 and 4 are not even close to the top 2 in terms of sound.

Thanks. How about sony MH1C and T-Peos Popular as suggested in other thread. Also vsonic vc02.

Comfort is also my priority hence confused between Vsonic VSD1S/VC02 or Steel series.

I cant find sony MH1C online though.

Sony MH1C has aweful cable. VSonic VSD1/VSD1S would be the best from the options you have mentioned in SQ perspective. MH1C is also a good sounding IEM but it's cable is a serious disappointment.

Sony MH1C is not officially available in India as it is not listed on Sony India website.

Got mine yesterday. Even before break-in it meets my expectations very well.

My take :

+Great soundstage
+Tight and punchy bass (exceeds my expectations) - best ever heard in IEM
+Clear instrument separtion
+Loud enough even without amp
+Forward mids

-Slightly sparkly treble

It takes much time to get the fit right but after that it sounds totally different in a positive way.

Overall more than satisfactory:eek:hyeah:.

Waiting to complete break-in (80hrs)

Kartthick congrats on the new iem...even I am thinking of an upgrade can you suggest me where you got it from...thanks in advance!...pm me if possible!

kartick Congrats on the new IEM,good to know you are enjoying the same.
Is it comfortable for long periods of use?

Kartthick congrats on the new iem...even I am thinking of an upgrade can you suggest me where you got it from...thanks in advance!...pm me if possible!
Thnx. I got it from Hifinage.com at 3.5k but now it is out of stock it seems.
kartick Congrats on the new IEM,good to know you are enjoying the same.
Is it comfortable for long periods of use?
Thnx. Yes, its very comfortable and also sounds great but here the trick is to find the correct sealed fit. Initially I was slightly disappointed since I am not able to get the correct fit hence bass and treble were not upto the mark. But, after I found my fit, it simply blews me away. Its easier to get the fit since they provide ample number of eartips sizes and foam tips. The packaging and accessories provided itself is exceptional for this price. Do, let me know if you have any queries. Btw, its still under burn in, hope to cross 100hrs within this week.

My impressions after some 50hrs :
Lows :
This is not a bass heavy IEM but the bass is adequate and tight enough for me (tightest bass ever heard in IEM)
Mids :
It has forward sounding mids and smooth.
Highs :
Treble is crystal clear and sparkly but not enough to hurt which is a good thing.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back