IEM confusion

i guess these could go for them. i have checked some review and they sat that XBA-3 isnt necessarily very bass heavy, so i guess you would find them to your liking.

personally, xba-3 is something thats interested me for a while. i use an Audio technica M50 while travelling, but they get kinda sweaty:cool: (and this is a hot country). hence my interest in this product.

But they dont have a mic!!:-\

agreed. but werent you planning to use that controller lead with the 3.5mm jack?

That is true but in the post you quoted me before, i was asking about headset for call and skype purposes and for that remote is kinda necessary unless i use phone's loudspeaker which is not practical and handsfree!

Hey guys
Order etymotic hf5 from amazon.!
This is the breakdown!
Item subtotal: 99.99
Shipping and Handling:16.48
Taxes: none
Custom Charges : 25.50
Total: 141.97

Hw is that?

Now just looking for mic headsets for my iPhone.!
Any suggestions?
Should i make a new post for that?

aj.jain, I did read that. What I was asking was whether you got it through Amazon and some service like Borderlinx, Aramex or directly through Junglee.com?

@iaudio,

It can be directly shipped from Amazon. So, I am guessing that's the route aj.jain took.

@aj.jain,

Congrats :). Let us know about your impressions when you get them.

Do you have a budget in mind for the IEM with mic?

@esanthosh
Sure:)
DHL saying 27 april delivery date and if that happens thats gobba be fast because it has shipped yesterday evening only :D

I was thinking that my music needs will be sufficed from Etys(probably my second love..first being my iPhone 4 :p) so for headset purpose i can go for not so high but something that has nyc mic and a listenable decnt music quality for emergency purposes and as headset is mostly used during outing so noise cancelation should be avoided(wat say??).
So what about apple over-ears generic earphones that come in the retail box with it..29$ ones??

Given your requirements, yes! Apple ear phones with mic should be enough for you.

E10M is another choice around the same price range, but I don't use it's mic, so cannot tell anything about it's quality. Besides, if you want lesser noise cancellation, it won't make the cut.

Code:
Given your requirements, yes! Apple ear phones with mic should be enough for you.

E10M is another choice around the same price range, but I don't use it's mic, so cannot tell anything about it's quality. Besides, if you want lesser noise cancellation, it won't make the cut.

Actually i was asking advice about that noise cancelation thing!!

I got them on 27th only.!
Dhl shipped them to me within 3 days of payment :eek:
But i was out so i got them on 29.
I have been a bit busy in some things.!
Will be posting my impressions as soon as possible!

My impressions for the etymotic hf5 are as follows.!

Build quality is very good with very less microphonics.
Although the l-connector at earbuds sometimes makes me nervous but its actually not bad!
You can wear these for gym too, no issue with fitting i can bet about it but you may wanna wear the add-on clip to avoid some sweat-induced microphonics!

The carrying pouch also gives you a premium feel and its actually very useful.!

Now the sound.!
Its as sweet as it can get for this price if you want a balanced sound.!
It may not have super bass but has got tight bass.!
It can produce those diaphragm vibrations and sudden room-filling booms in a way that feels quite what artist intended them to be!
You can even say its emphasis is quality but for a normal listener bass feels nice but bass headed listeners should go for monster turbines.!
It may seem to be cold to some but thats actually its analytically balanced strengths but even then if you want some warmth and "fun" from these you can try the mushroom buds that are supplied with it. The best detailing is produced by the supplied propritieary tri-flange earbuds but even mushroom ones provide better than a lot isolation and fit and also a very fun sound which has better bass quantity than analytical tri-flanges!
The balance in sound is amazing.even with a powerful bass song you can hear the simultaneous lyrics.!
The detail it reveals is in a way addicting.!
You maybe can update but you wont be able to go back to your normal earphones.!
but one thing is missing - 3D soundstaging.!
Dont mistake it for layering. It produces that very very well but i would say that etymotic went literal when they said they sound what artist intended the music to be and the sound they give, gives you a studio experience rather than concert ones(except when song is specially recorded to produce that).
Also they have got amazing left and right separation.!
You can listen to slipknot to observe that easily :)
Although a personal remarks for newcomers to detail oriented IEMs like this one that sometimes with low frequency notes of piano you may notice some hissing even in lossless variety. Dont worry these reveal the diaphragm vibrations those notes are actually meant to produce!

All in all awesome and right investment.!
And this impression is using them directly through iPhone 4 using lossless or 320kbps song files!!

Do comment on the inpressions and advice for improvement is very well welcome:)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back