Illusion vs DLS

Anigee

Hi,

I want to set up an ICE system in my Hyundai Verna and am looking for some advise on speakers. Recently in several blogs i have read the use of Illusion speakers. I have also come accross DLS being mentioned. Wanted to know which is better. I am looking for sound clarity rather than loudness. DOnt plan on adding a sub.

Am looking to install components in the front and 6x9 3 way at the rear. Propose to put a Pioneer HU (AVH-P3200BT) since I need a 2 DIN and ALPINE is too expensive (for HU's).

Not sure of the Amp - was intrigued by Infinity Kappa 4. Wanted to know if I should go with Ground Zero or Hertz instead.

As stated, main aim is clarity over loudness. Like to listen to my music as natural as possible.

Thanks

For the amp please take a look at JL Audio as well. For the speakers, DLS would be better IMHO. Take a look at Morel as well.. :D

Thanks Saikat. Know of any person in Mumbai who could help me source DLS and the amp and perhaps arrange a demo?

Thanks Saikat. Know of any person in Mumbai who could help me source DLS and the amp and perhaps arrange a demo?

Maybe someone from Mumbai can help here. From what I have read, Mr. Ajay Kamath is the person to get in touch there (Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.) (might not be for DLS though). If you are particular about GZ then you can try it there. BTW GZ also makes superb products (check out their GZTA series which is good VFM).

Maybe someone from Mumbai can help here. From what I have read, Mr. Ajay Kamath is the person to get in touch there (Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.) (might not be for DLS though). If you are particular about GZ then you can try it there. BTW GZ also makes superb products (check out their GZTA series which is good VFM).

Ajay is no longer with Hermit - sent them an email and got that response. I have been trying to get in touch with him for a week but cant get any telephone numbers.

I just need a good amp - it could be GZ or anything. Dont know how GZ compares to Infinity Kappa 4. Also any idea how much the Morel's will cost in India ?? (I know it definitely costs a bomb overseas). thanks

Hi,

As stated, main aim is clarity over loudness. Like to listen to my music as natural as possible.

if the main concern is natural then the illusion speakers should be your pick
As for the amp
if you are getting DLS get the Infinity Kappas
if you are getting the Illusions get the Ground Zero

these combinations complement one another

Infinity is a smooth neutral amp it will go with a forward sounding speaker like DLA
Ground zero injects some bass and is more dynamic and hence goes better with a neutral and natural speaker like Illuison

Illuison and Ground zero are distributed by Ajay Kamath whose contact details have been mentioned above

Morels should cost you 16k and above depending on the series
But is that is your budget then the Illuison audio Carbon series(22k) is the one to get

Thanks Magma - exactly the type of advise i was looking for. If i hear you right, you seem to say that Illusions are a better bet than DLS in terms of SQ. correct?

Also, Ajay Kamath is no longer with Hermit - wrote to them and got this response. I have been trying to get in touch with him for nearly a week. Dont have his contact nos.

i think i have hi direct nos.
will PM you later
i think he has access to DLS too

sir
theres nothing such as better SQ between the same group/level of products ( in general)
music is like food
its what flavour you like

Do for DLS Perforamce 3 Way component.
DLS Co Axial

Alpine Head Unit

Audisson or Alpine Amplifier

JL Audio or Earth Quake Subwoofer

Audisson Wiring Kit

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back