Imax enhanced recievers

Will buying Imax enhanced receivers make us future proof? or will it make not much difference?
These certifications are more of a marketing gimic than the real technology. As long as your AVR supports HDMI 2.1 features with Pre-Out and supports latest Codes like ATMOS/DTH-X, you are pretty much covered.

Hey guy, I didn't mean IMAX Certification is just a gimmick, I should have been more articulative there, my bad. It's an awesome thing to have when combined with supported content. What I intend to mean is that it's a Software thing and manufacturers tend to upgrade these tweaking via Firmware Upgrade. As long as you have good hardware with solid basics, one need not worry. If the same model is certified for another certification in the future like Dolby Cinema, one should get it via Firmware Upgrade (some free/some paid). Auro-3d is one such example, manufacturers don't include this by default but you can opt for it by paying a licensing fee via a firmware upgrade.

Auro-3d is one such example, manufacturers don't include this by default but you can opt for it by paying a licensing fee via a firmware upgrade.
It is available as default in high end AVR ( selective models ) without additional charges IMHO.

Great Discussion, I think to get the maximum of IMAX, in addition to the receiver we have to buy/ upgrade Television also ,which may be difficult for many.
so, for the time being, unless you are going all out we can just forget it.

aura 3d need 3 horizontal layers of speaker, so, it is pretty difficult to have them in normal home setup.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back