Importing Parts - Customs charges

sudhirdamerla

Hello,
I have gone through the previous post hoping to find information to my situation but could not find any concrete answers.
I need to get a couple of tweeter from parts express.com.
Value of tweeters (pair) - 50 USD
Shipping -65 USD
Will I be charged import duty for these? And if so how much will it be and is it calculated on invoice value or invoice + shipping value?
I just don't want to end up paying a ridiculous amount for 3500 rupees worth of tweeters!
Any help appreciated!
Many thanks!
Sudhir

Hello,
I have gone through the previous post hoping to find information to my situation but could not find any concrete answers.
Shipping -65 USD
Will I be charged import duty for these? And if so how much will it be and is it calculated on invoice value or invoice + shipping value?
I just don't want to end up paying a ridiculous amount for 3500 rupees worth of tweeters!
Any help appreciated!
Many thanks!
Sudhir
I just took the delivery of some parts for a DAC from Diyinhk. The total value was 150USD and got charged 1400 as customs. This was through FedEx. So I think it all depends on the mood of the customs officers.

Hello,
Shipping -65 USD
Any help appreciated!
Many thanks!
Sudhir
Many Tweeters
Hello,
Shipping -65 USD
Any help appreciated!
Many thanks!
Sudhir
Many tweeters are available in India from Indian Websites like DIYAudio cart, theaudiocraft and other. Why not you purchase from these sites for a hassle free purchase.

Unfortunately, the tweeter I am looking for is very specific and is an upgrade for an Acoustic research speaker. The mount pitch is very different from anything else on the market. Plus I don’t want to deal with sensitivity and impedance difference issues.

Why not to post about your speaker model number fir which you are searching tweeters.. May be you can get better suggestions here than your search.

Hello,
Shipping -65 USD
Any help appreciated!
Many thanks!
Sudhir
You'll be charged 42% on $50 + 65 = $115 with love from our Customs Department. Be rest assured.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back